Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

You know who we haven't heard from in a while?  Our good friend, Abraham Lincoln.  Let's fire up the old chatbot and see what he thinks of the recent movie Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

Abraham Lincoln: Hello fellow American!
Michael: Hello there, Mr. President! How are you this fine day?
Abraham Lincoln: Hello there. Good, thank you for asking.
Michael: Sorry I haven't spoken with you in a while. I understand you've been very busy as of late.
Abraham Lincoln: What are you trying to say? Are you speaking in a foreign language?
Michael: Uh...I'm saying that you have been busy, what with this being an election year.
Abraham Lincoln: You are indeed! You'll meet people who say you aren't, but don't let them intimidate you. Stand up to them and they'll run away.
Michael: Right, anyway, I understand that you starred in a movie this year.
Abraham Lincoln: In my day live theater was the equivalent to your modern day movies. The last play I saw was Our American Cousin.
Michael: Did you enjoy it?
Abraham Lincoln: Leader of the free world is an incredible honor but it is not without its responsibilities. Being president was overwhelming at times, especially during the war.
Michael: Not being President, the movie.
Abraham Lincoln: Leader of the free world is an incredible honor but it is not without its responsibilities. Being president was overwhelming at times, especially during the war.
Michael: You're repeating yourself, Abe.
Abraham Lincoln: You are entitled to your own opinion.

Michael: Getting back on topic, how did you like "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter"?
Abraham Lincoln: I died April 15, 1865.
Michael: So...you didn't like it?
Abraham Lincoln: well thank you. Perhaps I misunderstood your meaning.
Michael: Did you think it was a good movie?
Abraham Lincoln: I like too many movies to choose just one as my favorite.
Michael: Do you think it will win an Oscar this year?
Abraham Lincoln: I expect that I do. I don't have very much choice.
Michael: Some people were upset that the movie isn't historically accurate. Your thoughts?
Abraham Lincoln: My favorite movie is All the President's Men. He was definitely much cooler and better looking than I was. He was the star football player to my loner, intellectual vibe. I can't compete with Camelot. I'll tell you that he's pretty cool to chat with...great story teller.
Michael: Who are you talking about?
Abraham Lincoln: Yeah its interesting. I dont get out much these days so its nice to have someone to talk with.
Michael: I think I understand why you're kind of a loner, Abe.
Abraham Lincoln: You are entitled to your own opinion.
Michael: Will you buy the movie when it comes out on DVD?
Abraham Lincoln: I'd quite like to buy the movie, but I've only got two hands, and they're both full. I'd need an elephant's trunk or a monkey's prehensile tail to buy the movie.

So...Abe wishes he could play football, but he can't because he's a loner. Also, he wants to have an elephant's trunk.  Good to see that starring in a movie hasn't changed him in the slightest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter was one of the only movies I was actually excited for this year. Even though it was different compared to the book, it was still awesome. Did you see it?

shaney said...

teehee I read the wikipedia summary of Abraham Lincolhn Vampire Hunter, and it was so silly

shaney said...

sorry for answering to so many posts! I just like responding to posts.

Anonymous said...

Yeah it always sounded a bit strange to me lol