Friday, August 24, 2012

WWA, Chapter 63

Here's Chapter 63, of my story Weirdness at Waverly Academy. Today, Nancy is about to find the culprit, when a character appears unexpectedly.

---

"Now that I know about the Blackwood Society, can I become a member?" Nancy asked.

"No," Izzy said.

"But I really want to join! It sounds cool!" Nancy pleaded.

"No, and that is final!" Izzy said. "I'm the leader, so I get to choose who joins! And I will NEVER choose a girl I don't like!"

"What about Mel?" Nancy asked. "She's in the club, and you don't like her."

"She was invited before I become the leader," Izzy said. "Now beat it, Becca. I've got work to do."

Seeing as she wasn't going to get any more information out of Izzy, Nancy decided to return to her room. She was somewhat surprised when she entered. For the first time since Nancy had arrived sixty chapters ago, Corine was not in the room.

Nancy took this opportunity to snoop through Corine's things. There wasn't much of interest, besides some graph paper and a note which read "CELLAR".

"Corine is in the cellar?" Nancy asked. "What a coincidence! I was just about to go there myself!"

Nancy returned to the cellar, now that she had all the information needed to get Rita Hallowell's treasure. Corine wasn't in the cellar, but there was a set of blueprints there.

Nancy compared these new blueprints to the ones Rita Hallowell had left behind. The blueprints showed that the valves on the Dupin furnace were numbered. So far, it looked like everything matched Rita's notes.

"Do I match the blueprint numbers with the Blackwood Society's numbers?" Nancy asked. She pulled the six numbers in order, and the grate to the furnace opened up.

Nancy peeked at the opening, which was big enough to crawl through, when a commanding voice said, "Stop!"

Nancy turned around. Standing in front of Nancy was a girl she had never seen before. She had heavy eyeshadow, and she looked furious. A black beret was dangling on the side of her fire-red hair.

"Becca Sawyer!" Nancy gasped.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally, the mysterious Becca Sawyer makes an appearance! The plot thickens.. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thicken thicken thicken!! (that's the sound of the plot thickening ;p )

Anonymous said...

nice twist at the end! Can't wait to see what happens!

Anonymous said...

OMG BECCA SAWYER IS REAL!?
Unless...
Nancy...that's a mirror....why are you wearing the hat in the first place Nancy. xD Brilliant as always Micheal. :3