Monday, August 27, 2012

Dungeons and Dragons (Part 3)

I just finished my second campaign of Dungeons and Dragons yesterday, and this seems like a good time to wrap up my series on D&D.

The only thing that really became obvious to me during the campaign was the fact that I really don't have a handle on stats.  Keeping track of stats is confusing, because there are a lot of them, and I don't know what they mean.  For example, there is an attack stat. Also, a base attack stat.  And a base attack bonus.  These are all different, somehow.  I swear, this game needs a manual.

Well, okay, there is a manual, but it's about 600 pages.  I'd prefer a 20-page manual.

There are also a lot of dice involved in D&D.  They're all used for different things, I think.  Most of the time, I had to roll the 20-sided die.  I also had to roll the 6-sided die once or twice.  There's a 12-sided die and a 4-sided die and I think a 10-sided die.  They looked kind of cool, but we never really used them.

Anyway, I think that's all I have to say about Dungeons and Dragons.  There are dungeons, and there are dragons.  And stat lists, which are more terrifying than the dungeons and dragons put together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job and hope it goes well also this might sound weird but can u do the sims 3 (any one) let's play not a walkthrough