Monday, August 13, 2012

Dating

Okay, everyone. I figure that now I can go on dates again, it's officially time for me to hit the dating scene.

But how can I find a potential date candidate?  I don't have a little red book with girls' phone numbers, and there's no way I'm going to set up an eHarmony profile.

Hmmm...

Oh, yeah! Facebook has a list of every girl I know!  All I have to do is check my friends list, and analyze the results!

The Girls Michael Knows (According to Facebook)
People Who Aren't Real30
People Who Are Already in a Relationship25
People I Have Not Met in Real Life37
People It Would Be Unwise to Date17
Eligible Bachelorettes7

The non-real people are cartoon characters and other profiles like that.  Apparently, fictional characters make up a great number of my acquaintances.

I think this chart actually shows some maturity, on my part.  I have acknowledged that there are girls whom I should not date.  College Michael had no idea that this category of females existed.  He didn't get any dates, either, but he wasn't as quick as I am to rule someone out as a potential girlfriend.

Anyway, now that I'm doing the math...it seems that only 6% of my Facebook friends are eligible bachelorettes? Really? Ugh, forget dating, then.  I think I'll go back to playing videogames.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't give up Michael! I'm sure someone wonderful will turn up when you least expect them to :)

Anonymous said...

What to do in the meantime as you wait for God's best: read Joshua Harris's "I Kissed Dating Goodbye." Best book ever.

Christi said...

Anonymous - That book changed my life! So glad I read it. Changed my mindset about dating completely.

Anonymous said...

People who are unwise to date now might be just fine in a few years.

Kira said...

Hahaha you're a priest, remember? :-)

Anonymous said...

Forget dating and go back to video games? Story of my life dude.

Sharon Rose said...

Oh Michael, I'm sure you'll find a great, nerdy, video-gaming girl out there somewhere. :)

Anonymous said...

The right girl is out there somewhere. The best things in life are worth waiting for. Have you prayed to ask God to send someone for you?

Miriam said...

So you're not going to become a priest, then? o_O

Hey, if all else fails, you have almost 14,000 YouTube subscribers that are probably mostly girls.. ;) haha

Joe Wolfboy said...

I didn't know that you stopped your... Job/Education in the church field? (That wasn't meant to sound offensive, sorry.) Though I am too looking for a new GF, I feel that one nearly half the way around the world is not for me, tho I have had a really great time with her. I trust that, one day, as all of us, your love will come around... and heck... may be your Gay or your body just doesn't want to date anyone? Who knows? Anywho... happy hunting through the "Too Many Fish in the Sea"!

Anonymous said...

Well I think finding a girl obsessed with Nancy Drew would slightly increase your chances... just an idea

Stephan rose said...

MichaeL: please do NOT get discouraged! I met the woman I am seeing right now QUITE by accident on Facebook! She is wonderful,and very good to me. Consider dating those Fb girls you have not met yet!

Nautilus said...

Hey, you could always date some of those fictional characters. Sweet lovin' on the astral plane, lady-killer.

Nana Cupcake said...

Don't give up, Michael-san!! I know you can find the perfect girl!! :) Try someone whom likes gaming and is super smart like you!! Or try dating a fictional character(, like I am).

Emma said...

sigh, we've gone over this..... you're gonna marry nancy drew!

L said...

You're not going to be a priest anymore? I'm lost haha.

You'll find your girl! She's out there, and God has made you two for each other--don't give up, and don't settle for anyone less than God's best for you!

Personally, I found my husband when I wasn't looking for anyone. Maybe it'll happen that way for you too, where it'll surprise you when you're not even looking. =)

SallieLa said...

Me, please! Jk

Sheyla said...

ugh i wish i could but only 14 almost 15. Who ever dates Michael will be a very lucky girl and hope you find someone great :) Love Sheyla

Global Maket said...

From the tons of comments on your articles,
http://www.johnnycassell.com/going-out-tips-best-chat-up-lines-to-use-on-a-night-out/