Thursday, July 5, 2012

Scott Pilgrim

I decided to pick up the Scott Pilgrim books from the library the other day.  They're kind of decent, but I had a really hard time understanding the plot.  That's because all the characters look the same.

No, seriously.  There was only one character I could recognize all the time, and that's the guy with the beard.  It's really easy to recognize the only bearded character.  But all the other characters?  I constantly confused them with each other.

Even the lead character, Scott Pilgrim, threw me off a couple of times, when he wore a hat or something like that.  I would say, "Oh, hey, it's a brand-new character!"  Then four pages later, I would realize that it's just Scott in a hat.

Ramona, the female lead, apparently changes her outfit and hairdo in every single one of the six books, which doesn't help matters.

I had to stop reading the series about halfway through the second book, when it got to be too much for me.  It was too difficult for me to figure out who was supposed to be who, so I couldn't really follow the plot.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll watch the movie instead.

7 comments:

Acashana said...

I've never read the comics but I've seen the movie and played the game... the game is super fun, you might wanna play the demo just to check it out :).

Moriah said...

I sometimes understand the plots of books, but that series sounds confusing, I haven't read the books lol.And I haven't played the game.

-Moriah

Moriah said...

I sometimes understand the plots of books, but that series sounds confusing, I haven't read the books lol.And I haven't played the game.

-Moriah

Anonymous said...

Scott Pilgram VS the world has a lot of The Legend Of Zelda References, at least I've heard.

Becki said...

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one with that problem...

Flashman85 said...

I haven't read the books, but I watched the movie and had no trouble following along. It's highly stylized and really does feel like a comic book/video game/movie hybrid, which could be a turnoff to some people; I found it incredibly charming and entertaining, though.

N00dl3G@1 said...

WATCH THE MOVIE IT IS EPICNESS