Friday, July 6, 2012

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

I need to stop writing blog entries five minutes before I go to sleep, because I can't think of anything good to write.

Um...let's see.  I'm about halfway through my video walkthrough for Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and I am starting to get really bored.  I forgot that this was such a long game.  I'm told Japanese RPGs tend to be overly long; this game is at least 20 hours.  If you're playing the game for the first time, it's probably a lot longer.

Recording issues have forced me to throw away hours of footage and re-record from an earlier savepoint.  It's hard to be excited about a game, when you're replaying the same twenty-minute section three times in a row.  And then, I get confused, because I don't know if something I said earlier was in this recording, or in one of the deleted recordings.  I think I made the same joke three times in the same recording, without realizing it at the time of recording.

I think I'll have to take a break from this game for a while, because if I see Yoshi fight another Goomba, I'm going to be sick.  It's a good game, and I like it, but doing a video walkthrough has given me an overload on the game.

5 comments:

Sanni said...

aww, you need to take it easy. Don't push yourself.
take a little break of paper mario!

Moriah said...

Don't push yourself, and take a little break from doing the Paper Mario.

-Moriah

Anonymous said...

Yeah these games are pretty darn long. Take your break, man.

Anonymous said...

Just today I decided to do a playthrough of the Sims 1. I've never recorded with CamStudio, never had a YouTube account, nothing. I had recording issues as well, so I ended up creating the same family like four times in a row. So I completely know what you're talking about when you say you can't remember if you made a certain joke in a past take or the current one...

Anonymous said...

when you post a blog why does it always say its at 9 am? do you always post a 9 or is it from the websit or is it because im in a differnent time zone? please help me out. im confused!