Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bookstore Job

Hey, minor update on the job search.  I managed to get hired at the San Jose State University Bookstore, for the start of year rush.

I did this at Stanford in 2008.  Basically, the bookstore hires about fifteen extra people for the 2-3 weeks where all the students rush to the store and buy the books they need.  After that, students ignore the campus bookstore like usual, and the fifteen extra helpers go home.

I need a real job, as in, one that lasts for more than two weeks.  Oh, and one that pays medical insurance, because my current medical plan is "don't get sick".  I probably won't get sick, because I'm in better physical condition now than I've been in for a while.  All the free time I have from being unemployed has resulted in me taking daily trips to the gym and doing multiple 5Ks a week.  I'm like Mr. Fitness now.

Either way, looks like I have a temporary job for August or September, whenever school starts at SJSU.  I'll be working downstairs, in the textbook department.  That means I'll be the guy who helps people find the books they need, instead of being the guy who works at the cashier.  I can handle a job like this!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey congrats!:)

Anonymous said...

Good job

Anonymous said...

Well, it's a start. God has something in mind, though, remember that!

Best of luck in finding a long term job, though!

Emma said...

that sounds like a pretty good job!

Annie said...

Congratulations on the job

Diana said...

Glad you got something! In my prayers, Michael! :)

Justice said...

Ditto what Diana said! :)

Unknown said...

Maybe if you're good enough, you'll get hired full-time! Being a librarian rocks, cause you can read whatever you want... whenever!

Anonymous said...

Cool! I'm starting graduate school there at the end of the month! If I see you, you bet I'll be saying hi and raving about your Nancy Drew walkthroughs. :)