Friday, June 29, 2012

Recording the iPad Screen

For a while, I've been on a mission to figure out how to get good video footage of the iPad screen. It's tough to record stuff, ever since I switched to Windows 7. My old recording equipment doesn't work anymore.

Yesterday, I tried out Apple's iPad to HDMI thingy. It worked for...five minutes. Now it just keeps flickering, with the screen completely turning black every .4 seconds.

I'll try again tomorrow, but it's not looking good. According to forums, the solution is to buy a new cable thing. But I just got it yesterday! I didn't think it would break that fast.

Anyway, I guess I have no real progress to report. I'm trying, and I'm not getting results. Mean old iPad.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's an Apple product; of course it's not going to work properly ;)

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh!!! Owned it! Idk u, but u are awesome

Miriam said...

...and that's just one of the many reasons why I'll never buy an iAnything.

Anonymous said...

Thank you kindly. Sadly, that comment is based on my past experiences with Apple, I'm afraid. -_-

Yoona said...

Ugh problems with apple products....
My sister actually works at the apple store and so she has been gradually replacing all out products with apple. Our last piece of windows hardware(my laptop) got replaced with a macbok last week and imagine my joy when i found out all the games i have downloaded from herinteractive and bigfishgames are not compatible for mac (and i've spent something close to $500) My choices are to either buy a special program and a windows operating system which will cost me a couple hundred, or set up my dads old dinosaur pc that is in the attic for me to play my games on.
The worst thing is that my sister knew that the games wouldnt work on a mac, but she conviniently didn't tell me.

Anonymous said...

u mean, mean young ipad? lol

Ravi said...

How do you record your iPad Screen using iPad to HDMI cable. Can you please explain the process and hardware needed to accomplish this.