Sunday, June 10, 2012

Commercials

I turned on the TV the other day, and I caught the very end of a Spongebob episode.  There were tiny subtitles at the bottom of the screen which confused me.  It took a while to realize that they were the ending credits.

That's a bit too much for me.  They play the ending credits during the end of the show, not after it?  They stopped playing the real ending credits to TV shows a long time ago, so they could have more time for commercials, but this strikes me as going overboard.

I got my first taste of the longer-than-ever commercial breaks, and I have to say...it was kind of painful.  It started with a commercial for Madagascar 3.  Immediately after this was a commercial for Madagascar 3: The Videogame.  The two commercials featured the exact same "fun clips" from the movie; it was sort of like watching the same commercial twice in a row.

Then, Disney got their turn.  There was a commercial for Brave.  The next commercial was for Subway, and it started off with twenty seconds of clips from Brave.  It was rather ridiculous, because the movie has nothing at all to do with Subway.  And after that, there was a commercial for the new Barbie doll, based off the girl in Brave.

That was when I turned off the TV.  Two Madagascar commercials in a row, followed by three Brave commercials in a row.  I'm sorry, but I can't handle that.  Next time, Nickelodeon, just air the ending credits to your TV shows, and then run one commercial for each movie.  Please?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday, I saw a huge Madagascar commercial, then something else. Then another Madagascar commercial and something else. And ANOTHER Madagascar commercial. D:

NancyDrew7 said...

Its my birthday today

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday NancyDrew7!!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day NancyDrew7!!!! ;D

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were watching Legend of Korra on Nick (They stink at putting the episodes up), and they played three ads for Madagascar 3. Honestly, I don't want to see it anymore. :) (Love your videos by the way)

laura said...

Hey! I'm a really big fan of your videos, keep it up! I don't have a youtube account so I figured this would be the only way to show my appreciation for helping me out with nancy drew so many times. I hope you see this comment!
-laura

Anonymous said...

It DOES seem like they are promoting the heck out of Madagascar 3, and, oddly enough, more intensely than they do for other movies. Unfortunately, all those asinine, redundant advertisements are not just mainly on Nickelodeon. It’s kind of having a reverse effect on me and removing any hope that I will ever pay to see it.

Zelda said...

The Madagascar ad on YouTube is almost always the one that I get. Recently, there's been that one, then a clip of a song some chick sings about cotton, and two or three different promotions for a new YouTube "show" and they're all getting reeeally old. :p

Moriah said...

I was watching The Legend of Korra and they played 2 comericials of Madagascar 3, and Brave movie preview ,and the barbie Brave doll.It's like come on I just wanna just watch this show!

-Moriah

Anonymous said...

I know they make money off of commercials but i mean come on! I dont want no barbie doll, I dont need to see some clip about a zebra in an circus afro, over and over again!

Anonymous said...

Why not pay less attention to commercials?

Anonymous said...

That's why I never watch live TV anymore. Thank you PVR!

Hannie Cupcake said...

UGGHHH!!!! IKR?!?! Commercials are just SOOOOOO annoying!! _ _III Thank goodness for Tivo!! :D

Anonymous said...

LOL Some of the only commercials I don't mind are movie ones. It probably helps that I've seen Madagascar 3 also (don't let the over advertising turn you away). The Lorax did that to me though. I'm sure I'll see it someday but the pushing made me not want to for a long time :/