Thursday, May 24, 2012

WWA, Chapter 38

Here's Chapter 38 of Weirdness at Waverly Academy. Today, Rachel gives Nancy another assignment.  Is it obvious I just post a chapter of this story, whenever I'm feeling too lazy to write a real blog post?

---

Nancy went upstairs and into Rachel Hubbard's room.

"Hey, you got everyone's picture uploaded," Rachel said.

"Sure did," Nancy said.

"Fab. Now I need you to do the layout for me," Rachel said. "Just log on to the computer again, and go back to the 'Meet the Candidates' section. There will be instructions on where to put everything."

"Put everything?" Nancy asked. "I thought I just had to take the photos of everyone."

"And now you have to put them in the right places," Rachel said, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I'll check the page when you're done to make sure everything's kosher."

"I guess I can do that," Nancy said. It was starting to look like Rachel didn't want Nancy to help with some of the project; it was more like Rachel wanted Nancy to finish the entire project.

Rachel must have picked up on Nancy's reticence, because she quickly added, "In case I forgot to say it before, I'm really grateful for your help. Maybe someday I can return the favor."

"Don't worry about it," Nancy said. "It'll be nice just having you as a friend."

Rachel stared at Nancy, confused. "...Right," Rachel said, shortly.

"You...do know what friends are, right?" Nancy asked.

"Of course I do," Rachel said. "It's just—never mind. It doesn't matter."

"You're not going to make friends with that attitude," Nancy said. "I mean, earlier you were avoiding Mel. What's up with that?"

"Nothing!" Rachel said. "I'm really busy now, Becca! I can't talk anymore!"

"Busy doing—?" Nancy began to say.

"Please, maybe later?" Rachel asked.

Nancy frowned. "Fine," she said. She turned and left Rachel's room.

Rachel is definitely hiding something, Nancy thought. And I'm going to prove I'm a good detective by figuring out what it is!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, yes. Now that I think about it, it is kind of obvious.

Philip said...

Um, yeah. I guess it actually is pretty obvious. But I absolutely love this fanfic, so it doesn't bother me at all. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Michael! I just wanted to tell you something. I adore the Phoenix wright games. After watching your videos for Phoenix wright 2, I made it my mission to find the conversation about Von karma slapping gumshoe. It was just as funny as you said it was! Thanks for making all the videos you do!

Justice said...

Obvious? Yes, but not so much so as to bug me. Any post is better than no post at all. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, you sometimes have a “Three Things Thursday” post, so you could have a “Fanfic Friday” one and post your chapeters then.

Unknown said...

Do it! make an "Old Mother Hubbard" joke to Rachel! :D