Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Videogame Cleanup

I had to move recently, and one of the disaster areas I had to clean up was the entertainment dresser.  That's where I keep my videogames and DVDs.  I have a bad habit of keeping games I no longer need, so let's go through them and see which ones I can dump.

In an effort to prevent this blog entry from becoming ovely long, I'll limit myself to DS games.
  • Jumble Madness--Get rid of it.  All I wanted was a game that had Jumble puzzles, but this game has some weird calendar system that ruined everything.
  • The Quest Trio--Get rid of it. Now that I have Jewel Quest on my iPad, I don't need it on the DS. The iPad version's controls are much better.
  • Professor Layton 2-4: No real need to keep them around, now that I've done complete walkthroughs for them.  I think I'll get rid of games 2 and 3, but I'll keep Game 4, so I can unlock the bonus connectivity puzzle when Game 5 comes out.
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon--I like this game, and I'll keep it. I kind of want to do a video walkthrough for it, actually.
  • 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors--Get rid of it.  I bought a second copy of the game to help out the company and encourage them to make a sequel. The plan worked, so I no longer need it.
  • Time Hollow--Get rid of it.  This is another game I saved so I could do a video walkthrough for it. The walkthrough is done, and I don't think I need to revisit Ethan's world anytime soon.
  • Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story--Keep it?  I never finished this game, but I got about 3/4 through it.  I think I just ran up against a tough boss fight and didn't see any reason to continue.
  • Radiant Historia--Get rid of it.  I played it once, and I don't think I need to revisit it again.
  • Megaman Zero Collection--Get rid of it.  I got this collection because I love the series, but then I remembered I can't get past the first level of any of the games.
  • Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin--As I recall, this game was somewhat entertaining. Keep it, for when I go on another Castlevania kick.
  • Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia--I never played this one.  Whoops.  Better get started on that.

So, I guess the decision is to get rid of everything except the Castlevania games, Fire Emblem, and Professor Layton 4.

7 comments:

Zelda said...

My sister let me play Bowser's Inside Story when I was at her house two summers ago. It was alright, I guess. I was pretty confused and didn't have much of an idea what was going on, though. :/ Also, I'm just awful at those sorts of games in general..

Anonymous said...

I have the problem with keeping games too. I have about 30 DS/DSi/3DS games. ._. I gave some away to my friend, but they got stolen! So now I'm just more afraid to give them away!

Meremare said...

Keep Bowser's Inside Story until you complete the game. As for 999, also keep this game or (send it to me :p ).

Anonymous said...

i'd keep the professor layton games. I love the bonus stuff and playing the game over and over. Or u could send me the 2nd game, i have all the others

pinkdots41 said...

Since you seem to like the Nancy Drew, Ace Attorney, style games, have you ever considered playing a James Noir game?

Meremare said...

I would love to see an LP of Hotel Dusk or its sequel.

Unknown said...

You should totally do the walkthrough for 999! Oh and do the sequel walkthrough for 999 x)
My parents won't let me buy a 3DS D: