Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Update on Blog Suggestions

1.  Over a week ago, I asked for ideas about the name and slogan of this blog.  You might remember that I did this once before, and there was suggestion that was incredibly popular.  That was Emma's suggestion of "Calling the Nancy Drew Clue Crew: Check out my Blog for walkthroughs, funny things, and randomosity." Everyone liked it, except me, so I didn't go with that one.

2. Everyone seems to think the slogan needs to have a Nancy Drew reference in it.  No, really.  Everyone.  But if I do that, I'll just have to change it again when the reference becomes outdated.  That's what happened when the blog was called Sassy Detective Central.  It made sense for about six months, and then everyone realized that "Sassy Detective" hasn't been seen in the Nancy Drew series since...what, Game Eight?  It's been about eight years at this point, I think.

3. According to the subjects meter on the right, I write most often about Nancy Drew, videogames and other. Perhaps the slogan should focus on that, but I get the sense that it's easier not to change anything.

10 comments:

Marlene said...

Or when it doubt, don't change it (unless you really want to). Personally, I like the name "The Arglefumph Blog"! Because the word "Arglefumph" is already incredibly creative, in my opinion, and it lets your fans know exactly what this blog is about. It's about Arglefumph, a guy named Michael who loves Catholicism, Nancy Drew, and randomness!

Philip said...

I agree with Marlene. Unless you really really really really want to change it, don't change it. The current blog name and slogan are just perfect currently. :)

3D###Boy(David) said...

i know the slogan "Come see the randoms of the world with just one click!"

Anonymous said...

this is your blog, you're free to do whatever you want with it. you needed your readers suggestions, but you don't have to follow their advice. Choose any name and any slogan, nobody will like less because of that

Anonymous said...

You could just call your blog "Arglefumph." Mentioning that it's a blog is kind of unnessecary; new readers can probably figure that out. But, whatever. It's not that big of a deal.

Anonymous said...

Bonjour!!!

Sorry to ask the question as I'm a new reader of this blog (5 months)
What does Arglefumph mean?
Thank you in advance
I like the name

Anonymous said...

I still think Arglefun would be awesome :D

islandgal said...

"Shades of Gray...Random thoughts of Arglefump".
I agree with anonymous though, you really don't need to say blog in your title, unless its a search engine thing. Whatever you pick, I'm sure it will be great!

Anonymous said...

just a suggestion off the top of my head-
Michael's Mystery-Solving Multitude

(Multitude- large group)

Anonymous said...

Random Thoughts - Arglefumph´s mystery guide?
Its just a suggestion that My brain did immediatly. To make a better one, I would need more time...
Great blog!