Saturday, May 26, 2012

Translation Work

I usually reserve Saturdays for doing translation work.  I do an hour of Ancient Greek translation and an hour of Latin translation.  I'm just trying to keep myself semi-versed in the languages, so I don't forget them completely.

An hour a week is a very slow pace, so it takes me a really long time to translate anything lengthy.  My last Greek project was five chapters long, and it took me from July to March to finish it.  The Latin project was the six chapter book by St. Patrick, and it took me from July to February to finish it.

I think another reason it takes me so long to translate anything is that I forget to do translating about a third of the time.

Anyway, that's how I spend two hours every Saturday.  Check back in with me in ten months, and I'll have finished my current translation projects!  ...Maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thar's good. I've read somewhere that learning languages is beneficial for memory and people who speak other languages apart from their native one are less likely to have problems with remembering things. Have you learned any modern languages? If so, do you pay enough attention to them? I think it could be more useful to learn modern languages rather than dead ones

Kira said...

Oooooh. I'm learning Latin right now in school. It's a wonderful, fascinating language. <3