Monday, May 7, 2012

Tomb of the Lost Queen - Walkthrough Update

People are asking me when I'll do a walkthrough for Nancy Drew: Tomb of the Lost Queen.  I'm not sure yet.

I'm actually thinking of doing two playthroughs of the game.  One will be my walkthrough, where I solve all the puzzles and look smart.  The other will be a recording of the first time I play through the game.  People have requested this; they want to see what it looks like when I play a game without knowing what to do ahead of time.

Spoiler alert: It looks like me being confused.

I recorded three videos of me playing the game for the first time, and I--actually, hold on a second.  Let me explain this in terms of good news / bad news.

Good News: I recorded three half-hour videos!
Bad News: Youtube has inexplicably revoked my ability to make videos longer than fifteen minutes.

So the three videos I made ended up being worthless, and now I'll have to re-record.  I'll try to get a video up...soon?  Maybe?  It'd be nice if I could somehow become super efficient and beat the game within a week, but I don't think I'm that good at videogames.

10 comments:

Amy M. said...

That would be so awesome!!! I love your walkthroughs :) Can't wait to see your TMB walkthrough!

Anonymous said...

If you have any sort of video editing software at all, then it should be relatively simple to simply split the videos you have in half.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't you just split them in half? I want to see you being confused :)

Katie said...

I absolutely would love to see an "first-run through" version. I'm so glad you're still going to do a walkthrough for TMB! :)

Anonymous said...

You could splice the videos in half so they fit the time limit? Seeing you play for the first time would be awesome! :D

Anonymous said...

Is it possible for you to split the videos in half? I really, really, really badly want to see those videos now. :P

marpha said...

i allmost finish it

Zelda said...

Your videos can't be more than 15 minutes now? Huh. That's really weird. I don't think I have a time limit, and I've never applied for partnership or anything..

Anonymous said...

Fucking Youtube!!!!! I'm very srry michael

Sasami14 said...

Do you read any of these comments? if so, this was a comment i was going to leave on the walkthrough nancy drew secrets can kill that i was going to watch for the first time. since i'm never going to get a chance to play it:i wrote to herinteractive one day after finishing the legend of the crystal skull.
after so many exotic places and finally one in the USA, (mind you i had played up the final scene),
i wanted to see them do a mystery in florida, because i live in fl.
I never got a response, but a few years later, when i was looking up nancy drew games,
did i see that the secret of the old clock was done in titusville, fl, and now,
i find out by watching this video walk through that nancy was in florida for her very first game!
I feel kinda dumb now for sending that letter without doing proper investigation.
also, i started a blog account just to read what you had to say because, well, you inspired me from your walk throughs on youtube you learn a bit more about the voice behind the awesome walkthroughs! and, indeed to my hypothsis, you. are. AWESOME!