Monday, May 28, 2012

Moving

I moved back in with my parents yesterday.  Moving is a pain, because you have to pack up all of your things.  You start off as Mr. Organized, who sorts everything neatly.  Clothes go in one place, books in another, and so on.  After about fifteen minutes, this doesn't work so well anymore, and you just throw all sorts of random things together.  "I'll sort them later," you decide.

So I ended up dumping a bunch of random things, all over my room.  Here's the problem, though: the room was already a disaster.  Somebody left a bunch of girly magazines everywhere, there's a set of records in the closet, and I'm pretty sure that a hungry T-Rex attacked my DVD collection.

For the next week or so, I'll have to go through different things and get rid of the stuff I don't need.  Today, I tried to get started with putting my clothes in the clothes dresser.  Unfortunately, the sock drawer had over 30 pairs of socks in it. 30 pairs?  Where am I supposed to put the socks I brought?

Now there's a large pile of socks, living on top of the dresser.  I guess I'll call that "sock overflow".  Either way, I have kind of taken care of the clothes.  There are at least six other things for me to sort through; I'll do that sometime later on this week.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girly magazines? Are you sure they're not yours? otherwise what would they be doing in your room?

Anonymous said...

You must be a happy man having so many socks

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm just kidding :-)

Kira said...

Um ... was your sister or somebody living in your old room? xD Eventually I plan to take over my brother's room when he stops coming home from college so frequently....

Emily said...

Going back to your parents house after you've moved out can be tough. I just finished helping my parents convert my old room into the official guest room. It was a pretty rough experience overall, but I'm really sentimental that way. The important thing is remembering that your parents will always make space for you....even if that space is currently occupied by a ton of socks.

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog, reminds me that I should and probably need to clean my room. XD I have been post-poning and avoiding cleaning my room for way too looong. I just hate doing it because there is always a spider hiding somewhere in there and will jump out and scare the day-lights out of me. DX I don't really like spiders at all!!! Anyway, at least your parents didn't convert your room into a work-out room or a game room. When I go to a 4-year college and move out, my Dad said that my room will be gone FOREVER and once I am out, I am OUT for good. Hopefully, he was just joking ... I hope. Your parents sound sooo nice. :]
- K.C. :)

islandgal said...

Why are you moving back home?
What happened to being a priest?

Zelda said...

I finally got around to finding the quote I thought of when I read this:
"One can never have enough socks." ~ Albus Dumbledore