Monday, May 21, 2012

Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space

I finally got a copy of Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space: The Complete Series.  This overpriced DVD set contains all 16 episodes of the one-season TV show.

This is a bad TV series from the 1970's that I find incredibly amusing.  The original Josie comic books were okay, but the TV show pretty much ruined all the characters by turning them into the cast of Scooby Doo for no good reason.  The spin-off where the band goes into outer space is even stranger.

The DVD set brags that there's a new character named Bleep in this series, "voiced by Hanna-Barbera legend Don Messick".  I find it weird that they're bragging about Bleep's voice actor, because Bleep...doesn't say much.  The only word he knows is his name, so he says, "Bleep!  Bleep! Bleep!" all the time.  It's sort of like a Pokemon DVD, bragging about Pikachu's excellent voice acting.

Anyway, now I kind of want to start a series on my blog, where I watch an episode of the show, then write a recap about it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that a recap could be very amusing...
Please do it!

Becki said...

Go for it! I love this idea!

Anonymous said...

I once watched that show... it was.... odd, but very amusing... This Guy wanted to take over Josie's band, but that's all I remember... Something with a window washer too... Recap Please!

Anonymous said...

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Please? [: