Sunday, May 6, 2012

Airline Stuff

All right, I'm back from my vacation in Chicago (hence, the week-long parade of filler posts).  It was a nice trip, but I'm still a little woozy from the time zone travel.  It felt like I was going to sleep in one time zone and waking up in another, thereby losing four hours of sleep.

I've never been a fan of travelling by airplanes.  In my dream world, airplane travel would be just like train travel.  It takes less than five minutes to board a train, trains don't charge extra money for luggage, and I've never heard of trains purposely selling more tickets than there are seats on the train.

They used to give food and drinks out to people during flights.  Now they just give drinks, with food available if you want to pay extra.  That's kind of a rip-off move, but the joke's on them: normally, people pay money to not eat airline food.  Seriously, it's like a TV dinner without the TV or the dinner.  Either that, or you get a pack of crackers.

Well, the latest rip-off move I encountered is the fact that they no longer show free movies during long flights.  Instead, you have to pay eight bucks to watch a movie on the seats with built-in flatscreen TVs.  They claimed to have a large variety of movies and TV shows, but the "free preview" consisted of a fifteen-minute loop of the Yogi Bear trailer.

I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not, but the plane didn't leave the airport until the free preview was over.  Everyone had to sit in their seats and wait until the fifteen minute preview was over, and then the plane left for takeoff.  Maybe there was a delay and it was just a coincidence, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I was prepared for the airplane showing movies I don't like, so I brought my iPad and just watched TV on that for a few hours, in between reading books.

6 comments:

Kimiღ x3 said...

Omg, Really? The traveling by airplanes are like being cheap? I was gonna go to another country by airplane.

And, I was really looking forward to it because of the food and tv. But now, paying extra? Rip-off.
My trip might be ruined. -_-
Well, at least I'm gonna read the Hunger Games book while I'm on that flight.
-T

Monica :) said...

When will you do the Tomb of the Lost Queen walkthrough? I've seen my sister play it and I'm so excited to watch you. <3

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm not sure if somebody-well probably a lot of people have asked this, but could you do a walk through for one of the Kingdom Hearts games? Perhaps one of the DS games? Like 358/2 days? Please? It's alright if you don't, but I would really appreciate it if you do, because I'm stuck in 358/2 days...
Oh, and also, I love your walkthroughs (I spelled that wrong!! >_<), their so funny!! :) Me and my friend are fans~ :D

Zelda said...

@Anonymous
He tried doing a Kingdom Hearts walkthrough, but there were a few issues...

1) Disney is hugely paranoid about copyright stuff, so it's a dangerous move to try to make a walkthrough without official permission
2) The one he tried playing wasn't the first in the series, so he was super confused (as I was) and didn't know what he was doing.

Here's his blog post about it: http://arglefumph.blogspot.com/2011/04/kingdom-hearts.html

Anonymous said...

That sucks, man. I've always travelled by west jet, and every time I did, we had free tv... so I just watched reruns of crossing jordan for most of my flight. But this was 3 years ago. I don't know what they do now...

Rani(your fan) said...

Hmm... My father works at an airline and we get to return back to my home country (Turkey) when my school has vacation.But the flights are not bad at all!They give free food and drinks, it has radio channels and if you are lucky and are travelling far, you might be on a plane with these fun (free) screens with games and movies and TV shows and a camera that shows outside the plane!I love the flights!