Saturday, April 14, 2012

WWA, Chapter 27

Here's Chapter 27 of Weirdness at Waverly Academy. Today, Nancy has her second conversation with Rachel.

---

Nancy was in Rachel Hubbard's room. It looked like Rachel had a suitcoat and a faulty memory.

"So, Becca, you get all the pictures uploaded yet?" Rachel asked.

"Not yet," Nancy said. "For one thing, I still need a picture of you."

"That's okay," Rachel said, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I already have a picture of myself that I can use."

"You...you do?" Nancy asked.

"Yeah, didn't I mention it earlier?" Rachel said.

"No..." Nancy said.

"Huh, weird," Rachel said. She tucked her hair behind her ear again. "Look, I can't remember, did I tell you not to bother with Danielle Hayes' picture?"

"No, but her name's been scratched off the list, so I figured that's what you meant," Nancy said.

"Fab," Rachel said. "Listen, be sure to let me know when you get them all uploaded, okay? I want to move on to the next phase of the project."

In that case, you should get the pictures yourself, Nancy thought grumpily. But of course, she didn't say that out loud. Antagonizing Rachel wasn't a good idea right now, because Nancy needed something from her.

"So..." Nancy said. "Did I mention I'm a big fan of Victorian stuff?"

"You are?" Rachel asked.

"Yeah, Victor's a great guy, and I love all his stuff," Nancy said. "But what I'd really like is a book on Victorian dining. His eating habits are fascinating to me."

"Oh," Rachel said. She looked confused again. "Well, I just got a book on Victorian dining from the school library. I'd let you borrow it, but I need it for this paper I'm working on."

"Can't you switch projects for a while?" Nancy asked. "I really want to read that book."

"Okay, tell you what," Rachel said. "I'm about two pages away from finishing the paper on the Victorian stuff, then I'm going to start on my math homework. Only...I gave my math notebook to Mel two days ago, and she still hasn't given it back yet. So, if you can go get my math notebook from Mel, then come back in, I dunno, ten minutes, I can get the Victorian book for you."

Nancy scratched her head. "I'm confused," she said. "What does Mel have to do with anything? Can't I just wait ten minutes for you to finish with the Victorian paper?"

Rachel looked bashful. "Please, Becca," she said. "I know Mel's just down the hall, but...I really don't want to deal with her right now."

"Um...okay..." Nancy said. Rachel didn't like Mel? That was new information.

"I guess I can get the math notebook from her," Nancy said.

"Fab," Rachel said, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Thanks, Becca. See you later, 'kay?"

"Oh, one more thing first," Nancy said. "Who do you think the Black Cat is?"

Rachel didn't look up from her computer. "I haven't gotten any notes, so I don't know, and I don't really care," she said simply. "See ya."

2 comments:

ALYSIA V. PARKER said...

Oh wow, I am the first comment on this! Anyways the chapter was really well written and I can't believe that Rachel keeps herself so distant from everyone and at first it didn't make any sense until I played the game and I learned the truth! I can't wait to see what happens next! Nice job!

Anonymous said...

This Comment is Mostly Going To Be About Victor: Whose Eating Habits are Fascinating to Me

Hahaha! This chapter was awesome! I can't stop laughinging. I especially loved Victor. I think that Victor should make a return visit to one of your walkthroughs... :D