Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sequels in Vancouver

According to Vancouver's movie-going folk, there are three sequel movies being filmed in Vancouver this month: A Christmas Story 2, Percy Jackson 2 and The Fairly Oddparents 2.

1. A Christmas Story is the 1983 movie about a boy's Christmas adventures in 1939; TBS usually does an all-day marathon of this movie every Christmas.  It's a decent enough movie, although it's more like a series of vignettes than a movie with a cohesive plot.

My only question is why are they even bothering to make a sequel to this movie?  The actors have long since grown up, so chances are that none of the original cast will be able to return.  I dunno, it seems weird to me that they'd wait 29 years to make a sequel.

2.  Percy Jackson 2 is the movie my family has been waiting for for a long time.  We all loved the first movie, but no one was sure if they would make a second one.  In general, fans of the book series disliked the movie adaptation.  That's partially because they changed a lot of things for the movie.  Oh, and they left out a lot of important things, such as the main villain of the series.

But at least the special effects were nice?

Well, forget what all the naysayers have to say!  My family and I are totally going to see this when it is released.

3.  The Fairly Oddparents 2 is...well, huh.  The first one looked like the worst movie ever, based off the trailer.  Some of my friend posted the trailer to Facebook, saying that it was proof the world is a horrible place.  I watched the movie, and it okay.  Not very good, but not very bad; I'd say it was sort of average.  Highlights included the villain they made up for the movie, and the actor playing Dad (the same person who voices him in the animated series).

This second one is apparently a Christmas special.  I'll probably watch it, but I'm not getting my hopes up for it being very good.

9 comments:

sarah said...

I'll go and see Percy Jackson 2 but I'll probly be upset the whole time. I love the books and for the first movie they just took the names of the characters and made up their own stuff. I don't know how they're going to do the second one but I'm very interested to find out.

Moriah said...

Why would they even make another Fairly Oddparents 2 I thought the first movie was stupid, even though I like Drake Bell from Drake & Josh.

-Moriah

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you Michael.. you are just PATETHIC!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous @ 2:20 AM, that was rather rude. Wouldn't you agree?

-Kay

Marlene said...

A "Christmas Story 2"? No. Just... no. That movie is a classic for my family - why do they want to screw it up? No. No. No. No. No!

Oh and Anonymous @ 2:20 AM, it is actually "PATHETIC," not "PATETHIC." I understand that you are frustrated with Michael for some reason, but that gives you no cause to be rude, especially since this is Michael's personal blog, and you are his guest. Bless your heart, and have a nice day.

Miss. Cellaneous said...

What on Earth would a Christmas Story sequel be about? he got the Red Rider gun,he stood up to the neighborhood bully. What story can you tell?

Miss. Cellaneous said...

P.S. Anonymous @ 2:20 AM.... what's that for?

Joanna said...

Christmas Story 2. That's like making a Gone With the Wind 2. You think it sounds ridiculous, it is ridiculous! :D
Also, the Fairy Oddparents Movie was a complete let down. The old shows were awesome, and now the new ones are heinous! Everyone I know said that the movie was awful, and I concur. To make a second movie is wasting money. I got to admit that I am glad Drake Bell is still doing children's movies and shows. Even though he was a little overboard in Drake and Josh, my siblings and I love it so much (many inside jokes).

Michael, I am glad we agree. ;)and Miss. Cellaneous, you have a great name!

Anonymous said...

"I'll probably watch it, but I'm not getting my hopes up for it being very good."
------------------------------
I have a question: why waste your time watching the film that you know you won't really like?