Sunday, March 4, 2012

WWA, Chapter Seventeen

I'm on retreat this week, so I won't have time to write blog entries. Therefore, this week is going to be nothing but chapters from my story, Nancy Drew: Weirdness Waverly Academy.  Today, Nancy meets Rachel.  It's not too interesting, I'm afraid, but then again, that's what some people say about Rachel.
---

Nancy wasn't sure what to do next, so she decided to check her journal.

The To-Do List

1. Meet Rachel and learn about the web project she's working on.
2. Call Megan Vargas and learn more about how the Black Cat attacked her.
3. Meet Izzy's roommate, Leela Yadav.
4. Work at the Snack Shack.
5. Since my roommate is the student librarian, see if she can get me into the locked Special Collections cabinet, so I can look at the Moore book that was referenced in the sampler in the corner of Mel's room.

The last item on the task list is kind of long... Nancy noted. Well, better get started! Corine said Rachel is in the room at the end of the hall.

Nancy went back upstairs and down the hall. There were three rooms here. One belonged to Paige Griffen, the angry floor monitor who looked suspiciously like Nancy's friend George Fayne. Another belonged to Izzy Romero and her roommate, Leela Yadav. The final room belonged to Rachel.

Nancy knocked on Rachel's door.

"You can come in," a girl's voice said. Nancy opened the door and entered. Inside, a girl in a scarlet suitcoat was working on her computer, while sitting on her bed.

"You must be Becca Sawyer," the girl said. "Did you get my note?"

"I did if you're Rachel Hubbard," Nancy said.

"That's me!" Rachel said. "And boy, am I glad you're here. See, I have this web design project I have to get finished by the end of the week, but I have two papers I need to get done by then, too. Because you're new here, and you don't have any assignments yet, I thought maybe you could help me."

"Well...sure, I can help," Nancy said, emphasizing the word "help". She wasn't planning on doing Rachel's homework for her.

"Great," Rachel said. "The webpages I'm designing are going to be part on the school website."

"Yeah, I noticed some of the pages are under construction," Nancy said. "Your project is to fix them?"

"Exactly," Rachel said. "I figure that since you're a valedictorian, you can help with the valedictorian page. I'll take care of all the other ones."

"Right," Nancy said. That made some sense. "So what is it I need to do, exactly?"

"It's really simple," Rachel said, taking out a blue piece of paper. "I need you to get pictures of all the valedictorian candidates, then upload them to the school website. Here's a list of everyone."

Nancy picked up the piece of paper, which was basically a list of names. "Well, I need to meet everyone anyway, so I might as well get their pictures," she said.

"Fab," Rachel said, closing her computer. "I really appreciate this, Becca. In the meantime, I'm running late for a meeting with my faculty advisor, so if you'll excuse me?"

"Oh, sure," Nancy said. She left the room with Rachel.

4 comments:

Moriah said...

Lol I love Nancy Drew , and I also love the Nancy Drew books.

-Moriah

Anonymous said...

Go go go, Rachel!! She's my favorite character. :-)

AmaiKa said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I CAN'T BELIVE IT! YOU WROTE MY FAVORITE FANFICTION STORY! It was the very first fanfic I ever read, and I loved it so much! Your username looked so familiar, but I didn't know where I'd seen it before! I love Professor Layton Reads a Bedtime Story! I love this story too! Have fun on your retreat!

ALYSIA V. PARKER said...

I can't wait to see more of Rachel and Nancy/Becca! Great chapter!