Thursday, March 29, 2012

Three Things

1. I'm slightly upset about the fourth season of the Total Drama series. Canada aired all the episodes in French, and they're wrapping up with the episodes in English (as of today, there's only one episode left). When are they going to start showing these episodes in my country? I've tried to watch the videos online, but they all seem to be blocked for people outside of Canada.

2. As far as I know, there are two basic acting styles. One is method acting, where you lose yourself in the role and sort of "become" the character you're playing. The other style is to not to lose yourself, but to find yourself in the role. I don't know the name for this style of acting.

When I did acting, I favored the first style. Which one do you think is better?

3. They made a new Carmen Sandiego game!  The Carmen Sandiego series is an educational game series that teaches people about geography.  The last game in the series was the weird 2004 platformer, and the game before that was the pretty decent 2001 title, Treasures of Knowledge.

So this new game, which I understand is being released episodically, has a good chance of being the best new Carmen Sandiego game in over ten years.  I'll have to remember to get my Wii back and purchase this game to see what it's like.

For now, I'm told that it is...a math game?  What?  But Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? is a geography series!  Why is she doing math?  Is she trying to calculate the number of frequent flyer miles she's earned from travelling all over the globe, or what?

10 comments:

Cat said...

The games I remember were Where in Time, Where in the World, Where in the USA, Word Detective, and Math Detective. I remember the series branched a bit.

Zelda said...

I have a Where in the US is Carmen Sandiego board game :D I used to like that show when I was little, too..

sarah said...

I remeber playing Math Detective. I also played Where in the USA but I didn't really understand it. I'll have to take a look at this game. =D

Anonymous said...

Carmen Sandiego is awesome. I only had the "Where in the World" game, but for years, I would play it every afternoon after school without fail. :D

Balin said...

I had Great Chase Through Time and QuickThink.

And I don't know the name of that second style of acting either. But I prefer method acting.

Anonymous said...

Your not missing much with the fourth season of Total Drama. I don't seem to like it... I think it's new charactors. For some reason, I can't get over the old charactors :)

Hannie said...

Hmmmm.... I've wanted to try actng. Well, I've done LITTLE acts, but I haven't gotten INTO the character during those acts. Ciel Phantomhive (example) actually is a hard character to get 'into'. I'm not the grumpy, in love with my butler (SERIOUSLY?!), and never hyper kind. And what exactly IS 'Total Drama'? I've heard of 'Total Drama Island', but that's a cartoon, on Cartoon Network.

Hannah said...

I love playing my old Carmen Sandiego games, I got mine from a book fair when I was younger.

CTipp said...

They should continue the Treasures of Knowledgeeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

I remember my mom buying me the math detective carmen sandiego game... it was ok, but the 1996 carmen sandiego is the reason why I passed 9th grade geography. I hope they put some love into this game.