Sunday, March 18, 2012

March Newsletter

The March Nancy Drew Newsletter has been released.  Let's see what fun stuff is happening this month.

  • They have a new, extensive merchandise store.  Now there are all sorts of t-shirts and things you can buy, which are based off the games.
  • The upcoming Nancy Drew: Tomb of the Lost Queen features a new interface.  It looks pretty fancy, and it gets rid of the black border which sometimes appears around the game, depending on which mode you're playing the game in (and your computer monitor).  The inventory is going to be at the bottom of the screen, rather than in an inventory menu.  I wonder what changes will be made to the text boxes.
  • The price of many of the older Nancy Drew games has dropped.  The price drop is more apparent if you download the games, rather than purchase the CD versions.
  • Her Interactive worked with the Make a Wish Foundation to put one of their fans into the upcoming game. Rachel died recently, but we'll make sure to keep a lookout for her when playing the game.
  • Bonus news: the cover art for the upcoming game has been released.

That's a lot of Nancy Drew news this month.  Next month, pre-orders start for Nancy Drew: Tomb of the Lost Queen so charge up your credit cards!  Or save up your allowances, if you don't have credit cards.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I like the new interface. You? Yeah, R.I.P Rachel.
I cn't wait for the next one! After that, I'm hoping they'll bring one with Sonny Joon!

Miriam said...

I have no credit card or allowance. I just do what my parents ask me to and when I ask for a Nancy Drew game they oblige. They know of my obsession and appreciate that at least the video games I love are uplifting and educational, haha :)

Tiffany said...

Hmmm....I really didn't like the new interface. It's too much like Nancy Drew Dossier and other computer games. I want back!! At least the black border...

Emmy said...

I forgot who Rachel is BTW I was looking at ur older post ur birthday is the same as my aunt, Silky!!!

Invisible said...

I don't really like the new interface too much (probably my least favorite), but I'll have to see when I try it until then I'll keep my mind open (and R.I.P. Rachel).

Christi said...

Rest in peace, Rachel...
No credit card for me. I'd probably go nuts over books. :P

Moriah said...

Awww thats sad Rachel died ='[ , but im excited for the new nancy drew game.

-Moriah

Anonymous said...

I don't like the new interface as much as the older one. It seems too updated and weird. Maybe thats because I hate change :P. I also noticed that on one of the photos for the new interface showed a shot of the new game. The new game appears to have a Nancy Drew Dossier look to it. And that is pulling away from the TRUE DREW ;)