Friday, February 17, 2012

US Presidential Race

All right, time for another installment of Friday news.  For the past few months, the big news has been the Presidential race.  Right now, there are four men competing to become the Republican candidate: Mitt Romney, Newt Gringich, Ron Paul and Rick Santorum.

The two candidates I liked have already dropped out of the race, so I haven't been paying too much attention so far.  From what I can tell, the election results have been jumping all over the place.  Newt looked like he was winning, but then Romney pulled ahead, and he was winning for about a week.  Now Santorum is in the lead, which surprised everyone because he was in last place.

Fun challenge: Recite the poll results, in a horse race announcer voice.  "It's Romney in the lead, Romney in front by two.  Gringich close behind, Santorum picking up speed.  He's passed Paul.  Paul still in, falling down.  Romney still in front.  Santorum passes Gringich.  Romney looks worried.  Santorum catches up to Romney.  It's neck and neck.  Santorum passes Romney!  Santorum in the lead!  Santorum wins the Arizona finals!"

I guess that pretending the candidates are horse jockeys shows how seriously I'm taking the election.  No matter who gets the final nomination, my home state of California will vote for Obama.  Plus, California's polls are the last ones to close, so it usually happens that the election is already finished, before we tally the votes for our state.

Nancy Drew for President!  She's tough on crime, which is what our country needs right now!

8 comments:

Christi said...

Yeah! Nancy for president! I would definitely vote for her. Even though I'm still not allowed to because of my age. -.-
I honestly don't care who wins. This year, I don't have a favorite candidate. Anyone's better than Obama, though. I'd prefer it if a Republican candidate to get in, but honestly, I'll be fine as long as Obama's out.

Meredith said...

Yeah, I don't really pay much attention to the election becuase my favorites are gone. But Nancy would be an awesome president!

JCai Tippett said...

Nancy= Prez for life or Phoenix Wright =prez for 20,000 years. Can't wait for more time hollow.

Anonymous said...

Well Rick Santorum is the most pro life of all of them so thats who I would vote for if i was old enough.... :P

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for Ron Paul. I feel like the man understands and cares about personal liberty and freedom.

Sammy said...

I'm not American, but if i was I would vote for Michael!

Anonymous said...

Hey what about vermin supriem? I think he shud be president, his speech was hilarious XD

Anonymous said...

For me I would vote for these requirements:
-Pro-Life
-Christian
-Against death penalty
-And loves Nancy Drew ;)