Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cooking

As I've mentioned before, this year is pretty much the first year of my life where I've had to cook every meal for myself, on a consistent basis.  Everyone tells me I need to expand my diet and try new recipes, but I've been reluctant to do so.  Trying out new recipes involves a lot of preparation and buying the right food ahead of time.

Well, I got two cookbooks recently, and now I really don't have much of an excuse to not start cooking.

So here's what I'm going to do.  I'm going to list some different recipes in my cookbooks, and y'all will get to pick which one I'll make for dinner on Friday.  Then, I'll write about my hilarious misadventures in cooking.  Sounds good?  Here are the candidates...

  • Chicken tacos
  • Cheese straws
  • Cheese potatoes
  • Savory rat traps

18 comments:

Bluetopaz79 said...

I would try the Chicken tacos and do I even want to know what Savory rat traps is.

Anonymous said...

im with blue on that one rat traps sound like something a human being should not be eating. as for your cooking id say make the chicken tocos! Now you've got me hungry.....

Becki said...

Chicken Tacos! X3

Aria said...

Chicken tacos! I don't think that you could ruin chicken tacoes, and if you end up doing so, chicken is pretty cheep, so it wouldn't make a huge dent in your buget.

Sparkles said...

Savory Rat Trap no joking,I would say Chicken Tacos, they sound the least questionable.

Anonymous said...

chicken tacos I'm guessing is going to win so far....haha xD

Justin said...

Cheese is so expensive! Went out to buy 2 cups in a bag: $8! I bet I could find cheese on the road for less than that...on second thought, probably not. Chicken tacos do sound good, though I might just have to go for the savory rat traps...

Miriam said...

Cheese straws :D That sounds like it could easily go horribly wrong - I mean, um, it sounds great >:)

Anonymous said...

Savory rat traps. Never heard of it, I'm actually curious as to what it is.

Cici said...

Chicken tacos!

Sammy said...

Ooh definately chicken tacos. But use soft tortillas! Hard taco shells taste vetter with beef and soft ones taste better with chicken(in my opinion anyway)

Sammy said...

Chicken Tacos sound good!

Anonymous said...

I'm stuck between cheese straws and cheese potatoes XD(even tho chicken tacos sound great I want you to eat something thats not =D)

Anonymous said...

chicken tacos for sure. My dad makes that and it is so good.

Balin said...

The chicken tacos sound good, but I'm curious as to what "savory rat traps" are.

L said...

Chicken tacos! And like the other commenters, I really want to know what savory rat traps are! Haha. =D

Hannie said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh...... Yummmyyyyy.... However the 'Savory Rat Traps' doesn't seem very delish.

Celeste said...

Hi!I would try the Chicken tacos with a hint of lemon juice, and some chips (your fave kind)and some water.I hope u try it!! I love your walkthroughs!! I have bad days and i always go to your channel,you make my day!! Have a blessed day