Thursday, January 12, 2012

WWA, Chapter Nine

Here's the ninth chapter in my series about Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy. Today, Nancy meets Mel again, because she wasn't able to talk to Mel last time.

---

Nancy returned to Mel's room, five minutes later. Now that Nancy was in the room a second time, she could see that it wasn't all pink. There was a lot of black and purple in the room as well, to give it an overall dark, semi-gothic theme.

"Sorry about leaving earlier," Nancy said. "I had to go to the bathroom."

"Uh, right," said the girl who was obviously Mel Corbalis. "Who're you?"

"I'm Becca Sawyer," Nancy said. "I just moved into the room next door."

"Oh, yeah, you're the transfer," Mel said, smiling slightly. "The one who got kicked out of some school in France?"

"What? No, I didn't!" Nancy said.

Mel pointed at her cell phone with her bow. Er, that is, the bow that you use to play musical instruments. Not the bow you wear in your hair. Mel had two pink bows in her hair, which matched her pink eyeshadow and pink lipstick. Pink pink pink pink pink.

"The primary source of all wisdom and truth around here has been all abuzz," Mel said.

Nancy frowned. This was bad. Her alter ego was supposed to be Becca Sawyer, Sassy Detective, not Becca Sawyer, French Reject. Nancy decided she would have to save the day with one of Becca's trademark sassy quips.

"Wisdom and truth? More like, wisdom and uncouth!" Nancy said. "Me, get kicked out of France? Why, I'm so good at school that when I got here, the faculty asked me to give them grades!"

"Hey, look, whatever, I don't really care," Mel said, shrugging. "But you gotta admit, it's weird, transferring in the middle of the semester. And the less gory details you give as to why you got here, the more kids are gonna talk. Or should I say, text."

"So I'm the source of rumors already?" Nancy asked.

"Welcome to Waverly," Mel said. "Good luck getting out of here alive."

Mel didn't say that last part out loud, but Nancy could have sworn she did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that must be jaocb, ooooh, jacob! hes got sunglasses :D .... sorry i couldn't resist :P

Anonymous said...

I love the pink joke! Pink pink pink pink pink pink pink pink!

ALYSIA V. PARKER said...

Interesting, I like this chapter it was interesting to see how Nancy is almost struggling with her alter ego 'Becca' and how Mel is none the wiser.