Friday, December 30, 2011

WWA, Chapter Seven

Here's the seventh chapter in my drabble series about Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy. If you've missed out on some chapters, click the link to catch up.  Today, Nancy meets Izzy Romero!

---

Nancy decided it was time to leave her room. She opened the door and ran right into a girl with dark hair and impeccably folded clothing.

"Woah, watch it!" the girl said, an angry look on her face. Then she broke into a grin. "Oh, your hair's on fire—no wonder you're in a hurry."

"My...hair's on fire?" Nancy asked.

"Just kidding," the girl said. "Red hair looks really good on some people. I'm Izzy Romero."

Did she just make fun of my hair? Nancy wondered.

"I'm Becca Sawyer," Nancy said. "I just transferred here."

"Where're you from?" Izzy asked.

"From the States originally, but I came here by way of France," Nancy said. "It's a long story."

"Chouette alors," Izzy said.

Nancy didn't speak French, but she had the sneaking suspicion that Izzy had said something mean about her hair. Nancy ran her fingers through her reddish locks, making sure that there was nothing wrong with it.

"Lemme have your cell phone," Izzy demanded.

"My...cell phone?" Nancy asked. First she makes fun of my hair, then she robs me? Who is this girl?

"Yeah, so I can set you up on the local network," Izzy said. "It'll just take a second."

"Okay," Nancy said warily. She handed over her cell phone, and Izzy started tapping on the touchscreen.

"This way, you'll be able to get texted and keep up on all the breaking news," Izzy said.

Uh...my phone could already receive text messages... Nancy thought.

"There ya go," Izzy said, handing the phone back to Nancy. Izzy looked rather cheerful. "Look, my room's on the other side of the study hall, but lately I've been spending most of my time in the library. So come talk to me! I'm student body president, which means when it comes to the lay of the land, I got the best map. See ya."

Izzy left, going down the stairs to the library. Nancy stood there for a second, absorbing the entire conversation.

She's got the best map, but I've got the best hair, Nancy eventually decided. Next tine I see her, I'll have to remember to be more aggressive, otherwise she'll just step all over me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha :D

Izzy :) said...

You crack me up, Michael!

Anonymous said...

No, Nance, you mustn't be aggressive or you could offend! You have to be assertive! :)

Anonymous said...

you've done it again!

NancyDrew7 said...

On one of the sentences you said next tine instead of next time.

Kira said...

I thought Nancy took a few years of French in high school though? XD I'm pretty sure she mentioned that in the case file for "Danger by Design."

Anonymous said...

yes people, please point out as many corrections as you possibly can instead of enjoying the story :)

Alexandra C. said...

Healthy criticism is good...but great job so far, Michael!