Saturday, December 3, 2011

Weirdness at Waverly Academy, Chapter 2

Nancy put her bag down near the bed as she walked into the small room that would be her home for the next few days. Sitting at a desk in the corner of the room was a short black girl, who turned around as Nancy entered.

"Hey, you're the new person," the girl said. "Uh, Becca something. Becca Sawyer."

Nancy nodded. She was working under a false name for this case, partly because it was cool and partly because if she used her real name, she'd end up getting Facebook requests from everyone she met here. Trust me, the last thing Nancy Drew needs is more Facebook requests.

"I'm Corine," the girl continued. "The person who's stuck rooming with you. I mean, you're the person who's stuck rooming with me! Anyway, welcome to my-your-our humble dwelling space."

Awkward much? Nancy thought.

"You don't mind having a roommate?" Nancy asked.

Corine shook her head. "Not at all. The roommate I used to have-Danielle-she and I got along great."

Ah, Danielle. According to the case notes, Danielle was the latest victim in the series of accidents. Nancy decided to casually ask Corine for some more details.

"What happened to her?" Nancy asked.

"She had kind of a bad experience. Got locked in a pitch black closet overnight. See, she was claustrophobic, so when they found her the next morning, she could barely talk, and when I got back from class that afternoon, she'd just...left. No note, no call, no text-nothing. I should probably tell you...

"Some of the kids on this floor have been getting these like threatening notes from somebody calling herself the Black Cat. The first note's a warning, but if you get a second one? Something really bad happens to you.

"And last week, the girl in the room next door, Megan Vargas? She got a second note, and that night at dinner, she ate something she was allergic to, and had such a bad reaction that she had to go home. Somebody's obviously playing a prank, but a lot of kids here are starting to get really freaked out. Anyway. Now that you're here..."

Corine paused for a second, and Nancy wondering if this meant she was going to stop talking. Apparently, this was not the case, as Corine continued.

"First thing you gotta do is read the Waverly student guide, which is online. If you don't have a laptop-it doesn't look like you do. That one little bag is all you brought?"

Crap, crap, crap! Nancy thought. She couldn't have her cover blown this early in the case. Think, Nancy, think!

"Uh...all my stuff's being shipped. From France. Lyons. It'll be here in a couple of days."

Nancy grinned as widely as she could. Maybe acting friendly would convince her new, awkward roommate to believe her.

Great going, Nancy.

17 comments:

Inky said...

Finally got to finish watching your Nancy Drew walkthrough for "alibi in ashes". It was great! Your commentary was both humorous and informative and consistent. Loved it! Great work on this walkthrough!

Diana said...

Ha, I love this. So creative and funny!!!

Anonymous said...

The way you're writing Nancy's thought dialogue makes her seem more like a normal teen. I really like that :) Keep going Michael! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

so funny michael :D

Emma said...

i love this, keep it up~!

Izzy :) said...

You continue to make me laugh :) Keep up the good work!

Sammy said...

Lol! Nancy's 'thoughts' are exactly what I'm thinking when I play the game! Keep it up Michael!

Ela said...

Facebook requests... LOL.
Can't wait for the next.

Hadley said...

@Ela,it's already up on Fanfiction.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love it! Especially about the Facebook requests parts!

Pauleen L. said...

You should post this up at www.textnovel.com!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! :3

Moriah said...

You're so funny Micheal! I love all your Nancy Drew video game walkthroughs especially Alibi in Ashes! I love your sense of humor!

Anonymous said...

I like how this is going. oh and I looked at your fanfic account and you also write dragonball z stories?? that's so cool.

ALYSIA V. PARKER said...

I love it! It's so original and that's a good thing too. I love how you have the inner thoughts of Nancy in this. I can't wait to see how the rest of the story/case goes, I can't wait to see how the other characters a.ka.a suspects are going to feel about having 'Becca Sawyer' around. Here's an idea: Why have one of them ask Nancy why she has that name because it reminds the person of the story "Tom Sawyer" Well good luck and I can't wait to read Chapter 3!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Philip said...

How have I not commented on this?! This is epic! Awesome!

I love the facebook requests part! I'm fb friends with Nancy, and boy, she must be exausted after logging in every day, and accepting all the requests.;)

Uh-oh, Corine'll get suspicious, Nancy! Do something! Fall flat on your face, whatever; stop the conversation!