Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Stairway to Heaven

Today is the 40th anniversary of Stairway to Heaven.  The last time I heard the song was 10 years ago, when I was told that it is the best song ever, and you have to hear it, or else you are a bad, bad person.

I listened to the song, and I don't remember liking it because it's too long. Too much guitar, not enough singing. Let me try listening to it again.



Okay, yeah...the guitar solos are kind of long and repetitive...And the lyrics aren't so good, either...

Hey, I figured it out! Just skip ahead to 6:00, where it becomes a halfway decent rock song. Yeah, that's not that bad. I wouldn't call it the best song ever, but it's kind of good if you just listen from there.

I guess I still don't see why people like this song too much. I think it takes too long for the song to get going; I would probably prefer it if they played with all the instruments from the start, rather than adding a new instrument into the mix every two minutes or so.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

totally agree

Invisible said...

Way too long of an intro.

Anonymous said...

I agree about the length of the song, it gets tiring after a while. But overall i think the guitar in it is pretty. I can play the intro to it and it's a lot of fun to play.


~Kay

Anonymous said...

I love Led Zeppelin!
Love this song!
Who cares about the intro atleast its real music......

Teresa B. said...

Back in the late 70's and 80's this was the final song at school dances and church dances. ALWAYS!!
The worse song to dance to.
Every year that the radio stations had the top 500 of the century - it came in at the top. YUCK!
My husband still loves it.

Anonymous said...

The late 70's and 80's? Where I live, it still is, lol

Anonymous said...

Kinda like American Pie, except there is too much singing. I know all of the lyrics to the 8 minute song. :D