Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Outhouse Burgers

When I first moved to my new town, I decided to visit every single restaurant in order to figure out which one I liked best. Good plan, right? I'll visit the three or four restaurants, and then decide which one is best.

Well, it turns out that my new town has almost nothing but restaurants in it. There are over 40 places to eat here.  It's all expensive restaurants and no fast food places anywhere.  I can't afford to eat out unless I save up money by eating macaroni and cheese for a few days, so this is not an ideal situation for me.

Fortunately, after two months, the search for my new favorite restaurant in town has ended. I am now a proud fan of the restuarant called...I forget the name. I only remember the nickname, "Outhouse Burgers", which shows you how good people here think the food is.

Okay, so the burgers aren't the best. The buns are too flaky, the fries are too small, and I literally had to try out four different things before finding something which rates higher than "edible" on the taste meter. But I have my reasons for liking Outhouse Burgers!

  1. It is within walking distance of my house.
  2. It is cheap. It is one of the few places in town where you can get a meal and a drink for under ten dollars.  There are free refills, too.
  3. It is very low-key and quiet and relaxed. That's the atmosphere I'm looking for, because I usually only go out on my day off.
Anyway, I just thought I would share with everyone the good news.  I have a new burger hangout in town!  You should stop by and visit sometime.  Just try not to eat the food there.

10 comments:

Izzy said...

Do they have any food you like? What kind of restaurant is it? (meaning what type of food other than burgers like sea-food or chicken nuggets or something else) It sounds like a nice restaurant to enjoy eating, especially if the food is good and there's not a long wait. I don't know what it's like really.

-Izzy :)

Izzy (same as above) said...

@Izzy

The thing in parentheses should be (meaning what type of food other than burgers do they sell, like sea-food or chicken or other stuff)

Anonymous said...

Um Michael you do realise an outhouse is a toilet.....right?

Hadley said...

@anoymous um,so? The owners of the resteraunt can call it what they want. And they might have a special reason for calling it that,whether its a nick name or not. And is it Michael's fault that it's called that? No.So please stop complaining and quarreling.

Anonymous said...

I prefer Italian food but, whenever I can a have it... I would like a place like that IF the food is decent....

Sammy said...

a cheap burger and drink where I live $20, min. But it's always good quality, there is no such thing as less than standard food here.

N00dl3G@1 said...

in the last sentence, i think you meant to type "eat" not "each"... sorry Mike, but you made a typo (but hey, it happens to all of us)

Hadley (and sometimes her annoying little brother Alex who can't type and I just feel like saying this) said...

wow in my town you can get a burger,drink,and fries for $3. (if you order off the dollar menu)

Hadley said...

hpmph it didn't show my whole name that i made up.

Miss Cellaneous said...

Mike,you need to blog about poor Phoenix and Maya more!