Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Kung Fu Panda Show

On my trip back home from Spain--remind me to talk about that one day--I watched Kung Fu Panda 2 four times.  Not by choice, mind you.  They have TV sets built into the seats on flights to Europe, so you can watch some movies or TV during the 14-hour flight.

The TV set on my seat was broken, so I couldn't watch anything.  Instead, I watched the only TV I could see, which was the one belonging to the kid in front of me.  He watched Kung Fu Panda 2 four times, and he watched Rio three times.  It was a movie marathon of seven back-to-back movies...made up of two movies.

I should note that he was the only person with headphones for his seat.  I couldn't actually hear the movie.  But after watching it four times, I got a pretty good idea of what the plot was.  I still wouldn't recommend watching it without the sound on, though.

Recently, I saw a bit of the new Kung Fu Panda TV show, and I had two reactions.  1, the animation quality has been greatly decreased.  2, I incorrectly guessed the genders of half the characters.

For example, I thought the Tiger Buddy was a macho man who is Panda's main competitor.  And it turns out that Tiger Buddy is actually Tigress, voiced by Angelina Jolie.  Same sort of thing with Granny Goose, Girl Monkey, and Weird Goat Dude.  Oh well.

5 comments:

Moriah said...

I've seen the first Kung Fu Panda movie, I haven't seen the 2nd movie yet. I've also watched a couple of episodes of the new Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness the episodes were really good, What I don't know is if it's Jack Black doing the voice for Po in the series.

Izzy said...

1)@Moriah I love Jack Black!!!
2) @anyone I didn't get the genders right either! Until you said so, I didn't know the tiger was a girl either! Wow! I'm amazed! :)

Kira said...

I ... always knew the tiger was a girl. XD But that's because I've seen the first Kung Fu Panda.

Art said...

There is visibly a bundle to identify about this. I think you made various nice points in features also.

Art said...

There is visibly a bundle to identify about this. I think you made various nice points in features also.