Saturday, November 19, 2011

Bronies

I have been informed that there is a new Internet subculture that has developed: Bronies.

A brony is a person who is a big fan of the TV show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. For some reason, the most recent installment of the series (2010) has become wildly popular, especially among adult males who you would not expect to watch a TV showed marketed towards six-year-old girls.

For the record, I am not a brony. I have never watched this TV show, nor do I really have time to watch TV anymore. But I can appreciate the fact that the bronies have made some truly hilarious videos:



I sometimes catch a little flack from people, who think I should not be allowed to enjoy Nancy Drew games, because I'm a boy, but I imagine the bronies have a harder time with that sort of thing.

If anyone named Brinny is reading this, I expect you to make a brownie recipe for these My Little Pony fans.  That way, you can call them Brinny's Brony Brownies.  Make it happen, Brinny!

10 comments:

Moriah said...

I mean I used to like My Little Pony when I was 6 or 7 years old. Now im 16 so I don't really seem to like it anymore.

Airam said...

That reminds me, here is also a funny youtube spoof of My Little Pony and Starcraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJbAT1wzS8U

glitter&grease said...

I literally just spit all over my keyboard at the last couple of lines! Really funny :)

Karen said...

It's a cute little show but I tend to forget thst it's on, and just watch it after I am changing the channels.

I grew up with the 80's My Little Ponys and My Little Pony and Friends. I have the Move and the My Little Pony on dvds, and I still enjoy watching them. I just wish that the My Little Pony and Friends were on dvd, it's mostly for the My Little Pony episodes.

NancywantClues said...

ROFL! Is it bad that I want to watch Mulan now? :P And anyone who think you shouldn't like ND because you're a guy is nuts. ;)

Sammy said...

I'm off to watch Mulan now.

Karoline said...

You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!…

Izzy said...

1:30 HILARIOUS!!! Don't stop your amazingness Michael! You rock!

Anonymous said...

I LAUGHED SO HARD WHILE WATCHING THIS!!!!! i actually started laughing after the first few seconds lol :P

Anonymous said...

Michael! Watching my little pony Fim will make you 20 percent cooler then you are now. I love the show, I'm a 20 year old woman. I just think it's so cute. Way better than the 80's ponies.