Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Next Republican Presidential Candidate

There have been a lot of Republican debates on TV recently.  I haven't watched them because I don't own a TV anymore, but from what I understand, pretty much every Republican is trying to run for President. It reminds me of a comic strip I drew four years ago.


I usually wait until there are only two or three people left, before I research the candidates and figure out which one I like. I mean, the election is over a year away. There's no reason to research all the candidates now, because most of them will drop out of the running.

And boy, have people been dropping out of the race! First, there was Donald Trump, although I secretly think that the "Trump will run for President" rumor was just a practical joke that got out of hand.  Then, there was the governor of New Jersey.  And most recently, Sarah Palin.

I think it might have been interesting if Sarah Palin had decided to run for President, mainly because I don't know much about her.  All I know about her is that back in 2008, when she was running as John McCain's Vice-President candidate, people said she was crazy.  They said, "Don't vote for John McCain, because he's super old, so he's going to die in two months.  Then Crazy Sarah Palin will become President."

John McCain is still alive, by the way.  I knew he would be.


[EDIT: I don't believe the idea that the stress of being President would have killed John McCain, for two reasons.  First, he impresses me as a very strong individual who can handle a lot of stress.  Second, stress hasn't been a major cause of death among the Popes, even though Popes tend to be older than McCain, and they hold their offices for longer.]

Well, now there are no more Republicans in the running whose names I actually know, so it's going to be a surprise to me to see who will become the official Republic Candidate.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah!!!! I remember that comic!!!!!! :D haha

Anonymous said...

I mean I don't really like John McCain or Sarah Palin ,why are they trying to vote for the presidential candidate if they lost
to Barack Obama in 2008? I don't really get why Sarah Palin is trying to run again.

Anonymous said...

John McCain didn't have to deal with additional stress because he lost. That's what would have killed him.

Hadley said...

I don't know what idiots voted for Obama...

Anonymous said...

michael r u a republican? republicans are evillllllllllllllllllllll 4 real though. ur a priest how does that happen that u like republicans?

Kira said...

Um, Anonymous,

Catholics tend to lean more towards the Republican side, since Democrats are usually pro-abortion. But then it can really go either way, because some Republicans are for capital punishment.

Politics can be kind of confusing. I prefer not to get involved too much myself.

Alana said...

@Kira, I don't know of any Democrats (or just plain old people, for that matter) who are "pro-abortion"...I believe in a woman's right to choose, therefore I am pro-choice...whether or not I myself would get an abortion or would promote a friend/family member to is a different matter entirely. Most pro-choice people generally support only to give a woman the OPTION to abort a fetus within the legal time limitations already set by the government. Pro-choice individuals don't necessarily ADVOCATE abortion, in fact none that I've run into do so. :)

Sarah Palin is a serious joke. She didn't know what the Bush Doctrine was. She made a statement not too long ago that indicated she believed Paul Revere was warning the British. She stirs up media attention at every turn, even pushing her own children into the spotlight. Bristol Palin on Dancing With the STARS? Please. -_- Some people just aren't cut out for the presidency. I'm not. I'm not saying it as a derogatory thing, just as a simple fact, & Sarah Palin is not either. I was a McCain pusher in 2008, simply because I believed Barack Obama was a smooth-talking guy who was a little too full of himself, & then he announced Palin as his running mate..& I did research on her....even if I could've voted in 2008 I wouldn't have, we were screwed either way. With Obama AS president or Sarah Palin one heartbeat away from it.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Jimmy Mcmillan! Gotta love that man. Although, if he makes it past the primaries, we'll all be amazed.

Beth said...

My step-dad wants Ron Paul to win. Either him or Herman Cain. Man, I wish the 2012 Elections would get over with. I'm sick and tired listening to my step-dad complain about Obama. (Not that I'm fond of him myself.)