Saturday, October 29, 2011

More on Pixar Movies

I posted about Monsters, Inc. a few days ago, and some of the things you guys said got me thinking.

Even though I'm not a really big fan of Monsters, Inc., I'm kind of looking forward to the prequel.  More than, say, the last few Pixar movies.

Oh, wait, that includes Toy Story 3.  That movie wasn't that bad.  I didn't think the prison break genre fit in with the other films in the series, but whatever.  I still enjoyed it.

Wikipedia says it cost $200 million to make Toy Story 3, which is more than the other two movies combined.  Yikes!

Anyway, where was I?  Right, I'm looking forward to Monsters University.  But then again, I'm not setting the bar too high for it.  I'm not expecting it to be knock-your-socks-off-better-than-the-original.  I'm just expecting it to be moderately entertaining.  I'll settle for that.

There are rumors of a Toy Story 4 and an Incredibles 2 in the works, but I don't know how credible these rumors are. Monsters University will be the third sequel in four movies, so maybe they should cool off with sequels for a while.

Meanwhile, here's the preview for Pixar's next non-sequel film, Brave.



The graphics look nice, but I have absolutely no idea what the plot of the movie is. The trailer makes it seem like some Scottish girl will kill bears with her bow and arrow...and that's about it. I'll wait for another trailer before deciding whether or not to see it.

4 comments:

Invisible said...

It is just nice that there working on a film that isn't a sequel because if you didn't like the film before that sequel, well... you're out of luck.

Kerin said...

I have to agree with you there. As much as I love some of the movies they've made and like to see adventures continued, I think they need to take a break from them for a while.Come up with something new.


As for Brave, I've read a piece on that.It sounds kinda interesting.
From my understanding, the girl in the promo is a princess. And plot is that she defies her parents to pursue and interest in archary. And aprently puts the kingdom at risk.

I want to read a bit more about it though, before I decided whether or not watch it.

Anonymous said...

This movie looks good is all I can say, it's nice that they're not making anymore sequels except for Monsters Inc. 2 and Toy Story 4

Sammy said...

Way to be stereotypical by giving the Scottish heroine red hair. There's only 13% redheas in Scotland, not 90% as everyone seems to think.