Friday, October 21, 2011

Julie the Cat

Here's an update on Julie the Cat.  I don't know how old a kitten has to be before it officially becomes a cat, but Julie is still quite young.  For a cat, anyway.

Julie only kind of liked me last week.  She cared more about running around my room than she cared about me.  But this week, Julie and I were the only people in the house.  After about two days, she went crazy from loneliness, and she came to the decision that I am now her new best friend.

It was kind of fun.  I came home in the evening on Tuesday, and Julie ran all the way down the hallway to see me.  Then, I said, "Hi, Julie."  She must not have been expecting me to talk, because that completely scared her out of her mind, and she immediately ran away, scared.

Julie now likes to barge into my room and demand that I pay attention to her.  She also likes to sleep on my bed and make those purring noises which kind of sound like growls.  It took me a while to figure out it was supposed to be purring, actually.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The next stage. <3

Soon she will ensure that all typing is done by her, because she loves you enough to save you from the burden of typing. My cat does this whenever she can, and although it'fw7yyB ;THH
TY#NKDHFwgesb5bWAseyhGF
weRIB 45
sdNT SF
GN/.

Anonymous said...

Hahah, the tried and true method of getting a cat to like you. When our cat was allowed upstairs, she just spent all day in my dad's office and hated the rest of us. Now that she can't do that anymore even the dog is a good living pillow in a pinch.

Anonymous said...

I've lived around cats all my life, so it tickles me that you're putting this much thought into how Julie is behaving. I'm just like, "Oh, a cat." *pets*

Kerri said...

I think it's adorable, Mike. So has Julie changed your opinion of cats in general? Will you be asking your parents if you could get a cat for their house too?

Kira said...

Ahahaha I love cats. <333333333

I should have been voted "Most Likely to Become a Cat Hoarder" in my yearbook. I've only had three cats my entire life, but Cali is definitely my favorite.

I've quite honestly never understood why some people like dogs more than cats.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww.Kitty.

Unknown said...

Aww, I love both cats and dogs :)
They are SO ADORABLE. I don't get why people choose one over the other. I mean, they're both animals who want love right?

Anonymous said...

Awww your cat sounds so adorable!

Sammy said...

I've found that cats choose their human friends more often than humans choose their feline friends. My cat Mishka was originally my sisters cat, but when she was 6 months old I took care of her while my sister went to London and we became so inseperable that my sister let me keep Mish. :)

Sammy said...

I've found that cats choose their human friends more often than humans choose their feline friends. My cat Mishka was originally my sisters cat, but when she was 6 months old I took care of her while my sister went to London and we became so inseperable that my sister let me keep Mish. :)

Hadley said...

Awwww,so adorable!

Anonymous said...

I choose dogs. mostly cause im scared and allergic to cats. i would like cats if they didnt scare me so bad though.

Lynniepoo87 said...

Grab a toy on a string or a catnip mouse for Julie to play with and watch the fun happen. Julie will also be your best bud for life if you do this.