Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

Yesterday, everyone was encouraged to attend class dressed in a costume. I was the only one in my class who dressed up, though.  I guess the kids aren't big on dressing up in my new hometown.


I guess this means I should come up with a different costume at the last minute. Let me see...I think I'll go as a boy band reject.  All I have to do is dress, sing and dance badly.  Should be natural for me!


As it turns out, Halloween is pretty low-key here. We don't get trick-or-treaters at our house, so nobody even bothered to buy candy!  That's a travesty, if I've ever heard one.  I'll have to make up for it by buying extra discount candy tomorrow.


I should probably watch a scary movie or something, except I didn't bring any movies with me when I moved.  That and I don't own any scary movies, because the only one I really like is Evil Dead 2.  Hmmm.  Well, gee, I guess I'll just watch the horror movie episode of Total Drama Island, then.  Happy Halloween, everyone!

12 comments:

Selena said...

Happy Halloween Michael!!!

Rhiannon said...

Happy Halloween!

Hadley said...

Happy Halloween!

Izzy said...

Fingle fingle fingle. fangle fangle fangle. happy happy happy... holla holla holla WEEEEEN

Anonymous said...

Me as Nancy Drew, is going to solve the case of.....

haloween!


Happy Haloween Everyone!

Moriah said...

Happy Halloween Micheal! I'm gonna be a nurse this halloween , and im gonna also help my mom giving out candy for the trick or treaters, This night is going to be fun!

Diana said...

Haha, happy halloween! :)

Kira said...

I was deemed "too old" for trick-or-treating a while ago, although I still have the secret desire to go out there all dressed up, on a quest for the best candy. XD Nahhhh, I'll just be happy handing out my own candy to all the cute little kids now.

Miriam said...

In my high school, we were specifically instructed to NOT wear costumes for Halloween at school, which I think was completely ridiculous. The community college I go to as part of a running start program has no dress code that I'm aware of, so nobody cared if anyone wore my costume there.
I wore my Hogwarts uniform (minus the robe) to school anyway. :) I was one of a handful of students in costumes and I got a lot of weird looks, but I really don't care. (I ended up wearing my uniform for about 12 hours today, though. I got dragged to the mall and Costco after school without an opportunity to change...)

Anonymous said...

So Michael you claim to be a priest but you celebrate halloween, the holiday created by the Celts to scare away spirits. The Celts had four seasons(like us today) and they believed the living world and the dead world joined together in late october. The Celts would perform rituals to their gods and dress up as monsters to scare away the spirits. Do you think God approves of you celebrating a holiday to scare away spirits and praise the Celtic gods? And not to mention how messed up it is to encourage children to go to strangers houses asking for candy. Isn't that the opposite of what you'd want them to do any other time of the year? What's to stop someone from luring the children into their house and dong unthinkable things? It's happened many times before, and It will happen again.

Invisible said...

(Evil laugh) Happy Halloween everyone.

Anonymous said...

little girl " trick or treat"

Micheal " we don't have any candy, sorry."

little girl " we'll I shouldn't have bothered." goes away

Micheal "well that was weird!"