Sunday, September 25, 2011

Nancy Drew: Legend of the Crystal Skull

I just went over the music files in Nancy Drew: Legend of the Crystal Skull, and it's pretty amazing.

I mean, in the actual game itself, I think there are only about two songs. It turns out they recorded a lot more music than just that. Many of the songs are upbeat, jazzy New Orleans-style music, with a lot of horns. I guess they had to cut those songs out of the game, because the game is too dark and scary to have upbeat songs.

So here are some songs you probably missed while playing the game:

A Bayou song, that features accordions, banjos and a techno beat.



The original background music for Zeke's Curio Shop:



A jazzy jangle:



A Hawaiian luau song?

11 comments:

Sammy said...

The hawaiian song is from Creature of Kapu cave...I think that might have been acidentally included in the music files.

Philip said...

Aah! That last song, as Sammy said, it's from CRE! What's it doing in CRY?

P.S., I looooved the first song. ;)

Diana said...

Where do you find the music files? I'd love to check out the Shadow at the Water's Edge music and save some to my iPod.

Inky said...

Thanks! But I'm with Diana, How DO you get the music files of the ND games? Do you just play the games and stay in one place and do nothing and record them, or do they come in a separate file?

Anonymous said...

I know this is totally off topic, but i really wish HER would bring Henry back in a game. He is one of my favorite ND characters.

~Kay

Justice said...

Hmm...actually, the first one was the only one I hadn't heard before (and I rather like it now that I have). But I didn't know that song from CRE was in the files; must've been a mistake, like Sammy said. It's a funny mistake, though.

Philip said...

@ Inky, you have to download a program off the internet, called "Audacity". It's pretty much the only program available that can play ND sound files. It's totally free, and easy to download. To get it, just google "Audactity", and it should pull it up. And, yep, each music file is separate from each other. :)

Inky said...

Thanks Philip!

Anonymous said...

@ Inky, there is another website you can download ANY Music you want for free. It is totally free and I've used it hundreds of times. Google "Listentoyoutube.com". go to a youtube page with audio from an ND game that you like. Find it, and then copy the URL to that page. Then go on Listentoyoutube, and copy the URL into the "search" bar there, and click go. Wait for the HQ server and download your music.

Inky said...

Wow! Thank you @anonymous 1:35pm I'll be sure to use it!

Jennifer said...

the last one sounds more like a spanish/italian song...how did you get hawiian from that?!