Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Fairly Oddparents

Confession time, everyone.  Ever since I saw the live action Fairly Oddparents made-for-TV movie recently, I have been on a Fairly Oddparents spree.

I'm not sure why.  I didn't really like the movie that much.  It was okay, but not fantastic.  The little cameos from the various characters in the series were nice.  I especially liked the Dad, who did a great job because he's played by the same guy who voices the Dad in the animated show.  The villain in the movie was nice, too.

I liked The Fairly Oddparents when it first came out, but I sort of stopped watching after they made the first TV movie, Abra-Catastrophe.  After that, they replaced several cast members, and the show's creator kinda-but-not-really left the show, so he could work on Danny Phantom.  People generally agree that's when the show stopped being so good.

And my relatives who have small children have told me that, once they introduced the baby character, the show really stopped being good.

I decided to check the show out again, and I'm surprised to find that I actually really like it.  It's a lot of fast-paced, zany comedy, and there are a lot of great one-liners thrown out all over the place. It's not the show I originally liked, which had a lot of clever storylines and ideas.  But it's not as bad as my relatives made it out to be.

So now I guess I have about five years of Fairly Oddparents episodes to catch up on.  The only problem is that the show airs at six in the morning, or something like that.  I'd better hope that the new place I'm moving into has a DVR (and that I can explain to the other residents why it's necessary for me to take up DVR space with children's cartoons), or else I might have to buy episodes on iTunes.

---

As a bonus to this post, here's my impersonation of Mr. Crocker, the fairy-obsessed teacher from that show.  Start watching at 2:01.

6 comments:

Diana said...

Oh, so THAT'S what you were referring to. Don't feel bad, I've only seen that show like twice and it was when I was really little, so i don't remember.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I was just watching that video yesterday!!!!! haha :D

Anonymous said...

great impression of the teacher!!! Hi5!

Anonymous said...

LOL @ teh Crocker impression.

Anonymous said...

Great impression of Mr. Crocker,
I just finished watching all of the 59 parts. I think this is the longest video game ever! but even though , I've never played it before. I still liked watching the whole thing.

H@nn@h said...

Actually, I like the voice of Cosmo. HEEHEEHEE!!