Saturday, September 17, 2011

eBook Editing

For those of you who don't know, I like to edit and produce eBooks in my spare time.  Recently, I had to completely redo my "books to edit" list.  Some books got thrown out, and other books got picked up.  Here's a recap of the changes.

Books that I will no longer work on:
  • Would You Kill Him? is a novel about the stock market, believe it or not.  I was hoping it would be a murder mystery.  In any case, I couldn't continue work on this book, because the source material was inproperly copied, so 15% of the words are missing.  Ugh.
  • Charlotte and Lucy Temple has gone missing, so I can't edit it.
  • Twinkle and Chubbins is a book of fairy tales by the man who wrote The Wizard of Oz.  I have no idea why this was on the "books to finish" list, because I finished it two years ago.  Dealing with the tech guys is sort of a pain, so it's easier to leave this on the list than to ask them to remove it.
  • The Short Stories of Apuleius is a collection of stories in Latin.  It had super-weird formatting, so I decided it'd be too much work to produce.
  • Aids to Endeavor and Legends of the Virgin and Christ were finished by other people (Google), when I wasn't looking.
Books still on the list:
  • In Illud: Omnia mihi tradita sunt a Patre
  • De Tribus Habitaculis Liber
  • Charta Sancti Patricii
For some reason, only the Latin books have been accepted onto the official list.  Odd.

In any case, there are many English books I'm working on, such as a book of Irish fairy tales, a book of Indian fairy tales, and an American fairy tale named The Rescue Syndicate which makes no sense whatsoever but I decided to produce it because it's short and well-illustrated.  I have about six books on various saints, about six books by L. Frank Baum, and I'll try not to accept requests until I dwindle the list down from about 20 to 5.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're amazing, michael

Hadley said...

lol i read the Mr. Woodchuck fairytale,and it was cool. and very.... interesting.