Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cooking for Myself

Here's an update on the cooking situation at my new place.  It is a good thing that I decided to play it safe when getting grocies for the first week, because I accidentally bought two weeks of groceries, not one.  Either I don't eat as much as I used to, or I bought "family size" portions of everything.

For example, I thought I would cook up a can of Bush's Baked Beans one night for dinner, mainly because they advertise on Days of our Lives.  But the one night's dinner ended up being "dinner and lunch's leftovers for two days".  This has happened with most of the dinners I cooked.

My thanks to everyone who suggested easy cooking recipes. I will make sure to investigate them when I go shopping tomorrow.  In particular, I think I'll try out some of the more complex recipes, such as "microwave hot dogs" and "microwave pizza".

All in all, I think the cooking experiment was a success.  I mastered some of my goals, such as "use the oven for the first time", which was difficult because they have a completely different kind of oven here.  I failed in other goals, such as "don't accidentally spill water on the table".  But I think the successes and failures even each other out, and next will be more successful, with more complicated recipes.  Maybe I'll even try cooking up a chicken recipe.

5 comments:

Becki said...

Now I want some microwave pizza... XD
Good luck! :D

Hadley said...

I want nachos....

Izzy said...

Whenever i cook something i burn it. one time i was making cookies that had to be in the oven for 10 minutes. well, i left them in for about a half hour because i forgot to set the timer! i dont know how i pulled that off. and i wouldnt have noticed unless someone reminded me!

Hadley said...

@Izzy ouch lol

Emma said...

yaaaay michael!