Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Blog Writing, Part Two

Time for more fascinating insight into how I write this blog.  On rare occasions, I have five or six entries that are completely finished, all at the start of the week.  I release a different one each day, maybe writing a new one in case something comes up, and it's a good week because I don't have to do much work on the blog.

What usually happens, though, is that I don't write a week in advance.  I write one or two days in advance, that's it.  Whenever I try to write a bunch of blog entries at once, I just end up with a bunch of half-written entries.  That's not so bad, though.  It means that, whenever I have no idea what to write about, there's always a half-finished entry at my fingertips.

The thing is, though, that the half-finished blogs just sit there, untouched for months at a time.  Examples of this would be the half-finished entries about my Washington DC trip (from May) and my series about the Castlevania games.  You know, that series I started in March?  Entries #4 and #5 are still on the way.  Also, there's a series of three entries about the second Professor Layton game, which I really should finish up before the fourth game is released.

On the flipside, there are some half-finished entries that I work on continually.  For example, my review of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS.  I write a little bit of it each day, and I'm sure that when it's done, it will be super long and no one will want to read it.  Perfect!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see ur review 4 Zelda!!!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

and i can't wait until you upload more of your phoenix wright walkthrough!

Diana said...

I'll read your Zelda review...I'm trying to decide whether to get it or not! I enjoy your blog, it makes my day! Thanks!