Thursday, September 15, 2011

Alibi in Ashes - Characters

Hold on to your hats, everyone!  More Nancy Drew: Alibi in Ashes news was released!

Do you remember the teaser that was released Monday?  It has some characters in it, and I thought it'd be fun to make up names for those characters.

Those characters now have official names.

The characters are Brenda, who is apparently a reporter from some of the Nancy Drew books I haven't read.  There's also Deidre Shannon, who is a character from some of the Nancy Drew books I've read.  I'm also friends with her on Facebook.  She'll be happy to hear she's in the game, I'm sure.  And wrapping up the characters from the books, we've got the Chief McGinnis, the Chief of Police.  The description makes it seem as if he is sympathetic to Nancy's plight in this game.

We've got two characters who I don't know, but they might be from the books.  It's Alexei Markovic and Toni Scallari. Alexei is an ex-detective and current antique store owner.  Toni is on the city council, and she works at an ice cream parlor.

In addition to these five characters, we have the four characters we already knew about: Nancy Drew, Ned Nickerson, Bess Marvin and George Fayne.  But wait!  They look...different!

Okay, forget what I said about Bess and George looking the exact same as they did in Ransom of the Seven Ships.  That was in 2009, after all.

The sneaky people at the Nancy Drew company put up a picture of concept art for Ned Nickerson, rather than a screenshot.  I guess they want to keep his character model a surprise, until the actual game is released.

21 comments:

Eep said...

EEEEEEEPPP!!!!
THEY LOOK SO AWESOME!!!!!

...okay, breath, breath...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP!!!!!!!
AUGH! I WANT IT NOW! EEEEEEEEEP!!!

...except for George, she looks 2D. But still....
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP!!

Anonymous said...

i was right about the chief of police being in the game! i knew hed be in there because hes in the books too yay for putting him in !!! Thank you HER!!!!!!

Sammy said...

OMG so many characters! Bess looks great, george still a bit so-so, dierdre looks okay but I imagined her with curly hair. Does the cocept art picture of Ned mean we won't actually see him?

Anonymous said...

your on facebook?!

Anonymous said...

OMG I NEED THIS GAME! SOMEONE BUY IT FOR ME! NOW!:O OR ELSE. *shifty eyes*

Anonymous said...

Yay I can't wait for this game to come out! I hope they make Ned Nickerson really cute on the game!

Anonymous said...

CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER FOR IT TO COME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
O.O

Aimee said...

Looks awesome!
Can't wait for the game to come out!!
Thanks for posting!!!!!

Miss. Cellaneous said...

I HATE what they did to bess! She was so cute in RAN. At least they made george better.. she always looked a bit too old to me in RAN. Either way, can't wait for this game, and can't wait to see how well they make Ned.

Anonymous said...

I hope Ned's cute! And that is SO WEIRD! I mean, Deidre was in the first ND DS game! She was a total beeyotch! Seriously, in the DS game, she called Bess AIRHEADED! HOW DARE SHE DISS BESS!!!!! Other than that, I REALLY hope they make Ned SUPER-CUTE!!! Something else thatd be awesome is if it was Dwayne Powers again, but imagine if this time he teamed up with every other villian Nancy's ever encountered who still holds a grudge, but 2 add 2 that, what if 1 of the villians wanted to make ammends and offered 2 help Nancy, and Nancy has 2 choose whether or not 2 trust them! Thatd B AWESOME! SO EXCITED 4 THIS GAME!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't really like george in this one. But I can't wait to see Ned YAAAAY.

amber said...

I'm fine with how Bess and George look and stuff. But i was not very satisfied with Deirdre's outlook cause i always imagined her with fair skin and long dark curly hair. But, oh well. CREDITS TO HERINTERACTIVE! :D

Kira said...

I definitely like the improvements made to George, but Bess looks a little too much like J. K. Rowling to me. XD Still, I shouldn't be complaining ... the game is gonna be awesome and I am so pre-ordering it. :-)

Anonymous said...

BESS IS SO PRETTY!!!

Unknown said...

BESS LOOKS GORGEOUS! I mean SERIOUSLY! She was decent, sweet looking in Ransom of the Seven Seas, but in this one she is MODEL READY!
George looks EXACTLY like I envisioned her to be.
Outgoing, spunky, pretty, yet tom boyish! Wah, I CANNOT WAIT TO PLAY THIS GAME. PLEASE LET ME!!!

Philip said...

Hot Dawg! I can't wait! I especially like the changes made to George. In RAN, she looked and talked like a mom! Here, she looks a little more her age. Bess, I'm not so crazy about; she doesn't look like I had pictured her, but hey, it's a game, and I'll take anything HeR makes! :D

Gabriella N. Concha said...

When does it come out!
That's what I've been trying to figure out for the past 20 minutes :(

Anonymous said...

@Gabriellea N. Concha it comes out as of October 2011.

celoptra said...

the news reporter is from the Nancy Drew Secret Files. In the books she's actual is a journalist

Hadley said...

@cleopatra i know. but she's really snotty in the books.

Anonymous said...

Way to commercialize Bess and make her skinny, HeR!