This game takes place in Nancy's hometown. Who do you want to see in this game? Here's a list of all the possible characters I can think of:
- Bess and George: Nancy's friends. They're in the preview, after all. It's probably a good bet they'll be there.
- Ned Nickerson: Nancy's boyfriend, who is also mentioned in the preview. The conversations between Nancy and Ned in the previous game make it seem like he's going to be there, for certain.
- Carson Drew: Nancy's Dad, who has been absent from the series since Nancy Drew: Secret of the Old Clock (2005). You could call him in that game.
- Hannah Gruen: The Drew family housekeeper, who has been absent from the series since Nancy Drew: Message in a Haunted Mansion (2000). You could call her in that game, and in subsequent games, when you call the Drew house, it's her voice on the answering machine.
- Togo: The Drew family dog.
As for the other residents of River Heights, it seems that who lives in the town changes, depending on which Nancy Drew book series you're reading. Probably the closest there is to a cross-series regular is Chief Police McGinnis. His personality changes depending on who's writing him, though; I've seen him appear as "the nice guy", "the bumbler" and "the person who's not-so-secretly jealous of Nancy because she solves every mystery in town without even trying".
So who will appear in the game? Will they be characters you can actually see? Or will they just be characters you can call? Will you get to play as one of them, like you've done in other games? No matter who's in the game, though, I have a feeling it's going to be exciting.