Tuesday, August 9, 2011

More iPod Questions

Hey, everyone.  Thank you very much for answering my questions about the iPod Touch the other day.  I'm still sort of figuring things out, and I'm sure it will still take a while before the iPod becomes myPod.

I have a few more questions, and then I'll let you guys go.

1.  How do I connect my iPod to the radio in my car?  Do I need a special connection cable for that?  I bet I need a special connection cable for that.

2.  Is there any sort of auto scroll function on the iPhone?  Whenever I read somehting, I have to scroll down after every paragraph, and it's so much of a hassle that I don't want to read eBooks or news stories or my own blog entries on the iPhone.

3.  Why doesn't Apple explain of these things, in the manual that comes with the iPod Touch?  The manual was mostly pictures, which showed off cool things you can do, while not really telling you how to do them.

9 comments:

Sammy said...

1. I bought a new radio for my car with ipod connectivity, but I'm not sure If you can connect your ipod with regular radio systems.

2. Not that I know of. I don't find it that much a hassle, however I don't read ibooks.

3. Because Apple is stupid.

Anonymous said...

Ya. What Sammy said.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't the iPhone have a website where they help you? I'm confused if they still do or not.

Diana said...

1. I don't know about the radio, I never feel the need to do that.
2. Unfortunately, no. I've been looking for that for a while too, but no luck.
3. I don't know. Apple apparently gives us way too much credit!
Have fun! ~Diana

Cat said...

2. eBooks are different. You swipe the screen to turn the page.

3. Get the iBooks app, and download the complete user guide. It's free.

Anonymous said...

The only auto scroll-ish thing I know of is if you tap the bar at the top of the screen which will take you to the top of the page wherever you are on any page.

MegaCarolynk said...

1. You need a special connection cable for that. If you're talking about playing your music out of the car speakers

2.There is no auto-scroll

3. Because Apple isn't very smart at that

Kara S. said...

If you have an aux port in your car, you just buy an aux cable and plug one end into the port and the other end into the headphone jack and it plays. If it's an older car, they make cables that go into the tape player and the other end goes into the iPod. You can usually get both at target or on amazon.

No, there's no way to scroll down faster, you have to do it manually, sorry. You'll get used to it.

Apple likes to keep things simple, aka they make you figure it out yourself because they dont want to make the instruction manual too think lol.

Anonymous said...

1. Depends on the radio.

2. Use iBook or Stanza. You have to manially scroll, but you can adjust the print size/font so you have more than one paragrph. It's really note that bad, a lot like reading a book.

3. Well, is there actually a manual that explains clearly how to do everything with your device ANYWHERE? I think it's just standard, you know? Another thing you have to consider, is most of the awesomeness of the iPod Touch is in 3rd party apps (or hardware, like your radio), which Apple isn't going to deal with. Luckily, there are tons of great books and youtube videos on the subject. And it's not liek the Touch's interface is that complecated.