Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure - Review

I finally got a chance to see Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure, the spin-off to the High School Musical series.  This movie is every bit as bad as I thought it would be, so if you like watching really bad movies, you're for a treat.

The plot is that Sharpay was the main villain in the High School Musical series. For some reason, now she's a hero. She's the same selfish jerk she's always been, but now you're supposed to be rooting for her instead of booing her. Everyone got that?

Sharpay has gone to New York City to star in a Broadway musical. However, due to a comic mishap, it turns out that her DOG got the role in the musical, not her. Sharpay spends about forty minutes arguing with her romantic interest, the minor antagonist and the main antagonist. Eventually, she ends up starring in the Broadway musical, it becomes a hit show, and she lives happily ever after.

They tried to make it a good plot, kind of. Okay, not really. The problem is that the two villains of this movie are generic Disney channel villains and so is Sharpay. So basically, she's going up against villains who act exactly the same way she does. It doesn't really work that well.

The music in this movie was sub-par. The problem is that that all the songs are Sharpay, singing solo. She sounds better when she has back-up singers, or when she's in a duet. I'm sorry, but she can't carry off four songs all by herself. The best song of the movie ended up being the one where she didn't sing.

Actually, let me talk more about the best song of the movie. It comes from the scene where the two dogs fall in love, to the tune of Justin Bieber's "Baby". And no, I'm not making that up. That was actually a scene in the movie. Watch it yourself if you don't believe me:



...And that was probably one of the better scenes of the movie. Yikes.

All in all, I give the movie a two out of ten. Maybe a one out of ten. There are only a few moments where the movie is actually entertaining. The sparse entertainment comes from random secondary characters; none of it comes from the main character. She tried, but she's just not that interesting or developed of a character.

Maybe one of the entertaining secondary characters will get their own spinoff, and then we'll have a spinoff of a spinoff. I wouldn't mind that.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That movie sounds lame.
So Sharpey was a stereotype the whole entire movie?

Diana said...

My sisters loved this movie. I was out of the room in two minutes, it was that lame. I was confused quickly by the fact that a spoiled rich brat is the hero and we're suppoosed to like her? What?

Airam said...

I hate High School Musical, but that movie sound just terrible! (Especially the fact it contained Justin Bieber, I hate her!)

Anonymous said...

It wasn't that bad.

Wilma said...

Gag, if it's high school musical, it's bad

Anonymous said...

an i think sharpay was wearing a wig because in the commercial she has brown hair not blond.....

Katie said...

Yeah I saw this movie about a month ago. I had to leave the room. I'm sorry but she is such a bad actor!

Sammy said...

I used to love High School Musical, but thought Sharpay was the worst cast actor. Ashley Tisdale whines instead of sings, She cant act, and I was used to seeing her as the 'nice' character from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody(Maddy I think her name was) not the villain.

Anonymous said...

I don't have any young siblings or cousins in my family. At least, too old to watch it or too young to know what's going on. The whole HSM thing makes me cringe. I haven't watched and enjoyed Disney since the mid to late 90's.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why Disney is trying to make many of its tv characters likable into spoiled mean brats or complete morons but whoever's in charge of that needs to be fired. As for Ashley Tisdale, she's better on the Suite Life and I think her best role as well as Disney Channel's best show is Phineas and Ferb

Keenan said...

Yeah,I didn't like this movie that much either.......

H@nn@h said...

THAT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE JUSTIN BIEBER!!!!