Sunday, July 10, 2011

New Computer

I am writing this blog post on my brand new laptop computer. It's both good and bad to have a new computer.  It's good because it's bigger and better and fancier.  It's bad because I have to reload everything onto the new computer, and get unpleasant surprises when the old programs don't work on the new system.

My video recording equipment apparently doesn't work on the new computer. I'm going to try again later, but I'm not going to be surprised to learn that--now that I have a computer which has a lot of memory for recording projects--I won't be able to record anything.  I'll give you an update on this situation later.

Other victims of the computer transfer include my pictures, which have to be completely resorted and renamed.  Every single one of them.  Thank you, technology.  Also, all the save files for my computer games didn't transfer over.  Now, for each game, I have to ask, "Do I really want to start this game over from the beginning again, or should I just give up on it?"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that. As long as you figure it out by October (New Nancy Drew Game) we'll be good!

Miriam said...

I know that feeling...my brother once tried to "fix" our computer a few years ago and ended up erasing everything. I had a SCK file saved almost at the end, but I didn't end up beating it until the remastered version was about to come out, since the disk-switching was such a hassle. :/

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
T_T :( Hope it works soon!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I just switched to a new computer a month ago. It feels a little awkward at first, and it's pretty tedious moving everything around. It's worth the effort though. Good luck getting everything set up. = )
~Emily

Sammy said...

I had a similar experience when I upgraded my computer software. After upgrading NONE of my programs worked. And I mean NONE! I had to buy an external hardrive(not exactly cheap) transfer everything onto it( Took about 10 hours), wipe my computers entire memory, and transfer everything on the hardrive back. Imagine my surprise when I found out none of my games(including over 20 ND games) transferred onto the hardrive in the first place. Because I download all my games from herinteractive and bigfishgames, I had to individually re-download them all again. Due to download limits, I still have some yet to download- and this happened last November!

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that, Michael. New computers are always a pain.

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. My mom's boyfriend is always making changes to my laptop's software, erasing everything. Without asking.

Needless to say, i don't like him.

Diana said...

OH NO! I hope it works soon!