Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fast Food Update

I've got an update on fast food, even though nobody asked for one.

1. Burger King has new chicken tenders.  They basically look the same as McDonald's chicken nuggets.  After a taste test, I am able to confirm that they taste just like the old BK chicken tenders.  So they look like chicken nuggets, but they don't taste like chicken nuggets.

2. I was able to do a taste test comparison wtih Wendy's ketchup, McDonald's ketchup and Burger King's ketchup.  BK and Wendy's have the same kind of ketchup: Heinz ketchup.  McDonald's has some strange knock-off ketchup, which is spicier than the type used at the other places.  Therefore, McDonald's loses the ketchup competition.

3. Taco Bell has raised their prices again, and now their dollar menu is bereft of anything worth eating.  The 79 cent menu has disappeared entirely.  This is a problem for me; I liked Taco Bell food because it was cheap, not because it was good.  Now that they want me to pay 40% more for the same food, I really have to wonder if it's worth it at all.

8 comments:

Alana said...

It might just be the Taco Bell you're going to. Some are privately owned, which means the owner can raise prices however often/ridiculously they want to. I work at an outdoor mall in Michigan,& there's a Taco Bell right around the corner from the store I work at & another one down the road. The Taco Bell in the mall is privately owned, so they can charge ridiculous prices for something, like $2.99 for a crunchy taco (which is like $0.99 at the TBell down the road) or charge $4.00 for the regular "$2.00 Meal Deals". all the combos are like $7.00 & up, too :/ I think it's kind of ridiculous, but their idea is that people will pay for convience since they're right in the mall rather than down the road. -_-

Anonymous said...

well now im hungry for toco bell an a wopper at BK an fries at wendys!

Anonymous said...

Fast Food Garbadge I'll Take My Talents To Salads

Anonymous said...

Now I want Wendy's...


~Kay

JenMarie said...

Have you tried Wendy's new Dave special hamburgers? I believe that they changed the meat as with most of the other hamburgers. It use to be or seem like real beef but now the patties are these huge totally unappetizing square pieces of who knows what! Yuck :(

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot Michael! Now I'm hungry. :D

Anonymous said...

i want taco beuno now ;)

getmcdonaldscouponsfree said...

Thanks for taking your time writing this post! Cheers, coupon and voucher
Also, feel free to visit my blog http://getmcdonaldscouponsfree.wordpress.com/