Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The DC Zoo

The day after the wedding in Washington DC, there was a trip to the National Zoo.  Most people don't celebrate their weddings with trips to the zoo, but Paul had a very good reason for inviting everyone to the National Zoo:

They have free admission.

Everyone else took the metro, but I rode there with Paul, Lizo, Nathaniel and my mother. It was an enjoyable car ride, but when we got to the zoo itself, we found out that they had no parking available.

So...we kind of had to park about a mile and a half away.  We got there to the zoo after everyone else did, because they were all smart and took the Metro (which has a stop at the national zoo).  I had a minor case of heat exhaustion during the walk, and everyone else was confused to see that I was panting like crazy when my mother was doing just fine.

The national zoo was pretty awesome.  The crowd favorites are the pandas, which were a gift to the United States from China.  One panda was sitting down the whole time, eating a protein shake (or something like that).  The other panda was in the back, hiding behind some trees.  Everyone liked the first panda the best.

My favorite animals at the zoo were the lions.  I actually filmed a short video of the young lions, ready to pounce on some unsuspecting ducks:




The zoo trip was good, but it was also a little sad, because I had to say goodbye to Paul and my other east coast friends.  Also, the San Jose Sharks lost a playoff game that night, because they always lose when they're in the playoffs.  But still, it was a very nice day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! i live near DC but i haven't heard about the lion cubs, now i want to go to the zoo!

Anonymous said...

At least people have good taste. ( My favorite animal by far is panda )

Diana said...

Yes, I remember you mentioning that in the latest GameCola podcast, right? I watched it last night...poor duckies!

Anonymous said...

Hehe. Was that your Mommy talking in the background? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Michael, do you want to gain a big fat belly? Its COOL! I am 500lbs and my friends are helping me with the food, moving, and massaging my big fat belly. Try it!

Sammy said...

(above comment) wtf???