Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Next Disney Movie

For months now, I've been wondering what the next Disney movie is going to be, after Winnie the Pooh is released this summer.  Disney has not said much of anything on the subject, which I find kind of odd.  After all, Pixar has been very open about what projects they're working on; since 2009, we've known that their next three projects were Toy Story 3, Cars 2 and Monsters Inc. 2.  They said something about another project called Bear and the Arrow, I think, which is set in Scotland, but the news outlets decided to focus on the three sequels instead.

So, Pixar is pretty forthcoming when it comes to what animated movies they're making, but Disney is playing things close to the vest.  I did some sleuting, however, and I was able to figure out what Disney's next project is.

Brace yourselves.  It's a pretty bad "we care more about money than integrity" ploy.

Their next movie is The Lion King, now in 3D.

...Ugh.  On the official "List of Movies That Don't Need to Remade in 3D", which is every single movie ever made, The Lion King is pretty high up there.  There is nothing about the movie which demands the use of fake 3D.

14 comments:

Katie said...

I wholeheartedly agree. Why 3D-ify something that is amazing as it is. For some reason, I just cant get very excited about the 3D movement.

Anonymous said...

Most people can't see in 3d.

3D###Boy said...

Can't wait to see Lion King in 3D! YAY! COOL!

Anonymous said...

Get movies here in Mediafire Link...
http://entertainmentking.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Why 3D at *all*? I think 3D is just another way to make more money for the movie makers.

Anonymous said...

It's not hard to find information on Disney's projects. Reboot Ralph and King of the Elves are going to be the next original releases, as far as I've heard, and Pixar's next original film is called Brave, and there's even been art released for it. After that it's going to be a Monsters, Inc prequel.

Diana said...

I really am not looking forward to the future of entertaiment if movies are all in 3D, which makes my head hurt. I wish some new good movie in plain old 2D would come out...

Airam said...

Bleach, I personally don't consider the Lion King as one of my top favorites. What's Next? The Phantom of The Opera in 3-D? >.<. I miss old Disney.

Winky Go Moo said...

I have serious problems with this. Why see a movie that was meant to be 2D in 3D when you can just rent or Netflix the original? After all, they can't change anything besides adding the 3D; then it wouldn't be The Lion King. :/

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out in the Box Office...

fratele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
3D###Boy said...

Hey, 3D makes the movies more realistic. I remember that I was at cinema last month and I watch The Chronicles of Narnia The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It was so so cool! I tought that I really was there. I can't wait for the 4D movies to come!!!


P.S.- I didn't put in my name: 3D; because I love 3D to much. I put it because my name is David Dan Dragan and have 3 D's in the hole name.

Winky Go Moo said...

Thats the thing, 3D###Boy. Voyage of the Dawn Treader is live action; The Lion King is a cartoon. The old cartoons aren't meant to be viewed in 3D. Plus, with the whole cost of the ticket and extra for 3D, you could just buy the DVD.

SellWoWAccount said...

Oh, that sounds cool! It has been how many years since we last saw it. It'll look better this time knowing that it's going to be in 3D. Way to go Disney!

Sell WoW Account

Anonymous said...

With all this 3D talk here's some 3D news. To remember the R.M.S. TITANIC's 100th anniversary, well, you can totally tell what movie is going to be re-released in theatres in 3D. (hint: its NOT The Terminator)