Sunday, June 12, 2011

The DC Wedding Reception

Okay, so I gave the DC wedding ceremony something like a two out of ten, because I get ridiculous uptight if I start praying the rosary, and I'm not allowed to finish.  The wedding reception, though, gets a perfect ten out of ten, because I got to meet all sorts of great people, who are about twelve times cooler in real life.

Here's the group photo of the gaming crew:


Most of us got seated together, except #2-5 from the left, who were at the wedding table.  Our table was called the Wright & Co. Law Offices.  I'm starting to wish I took notes on everything we talked about, because I'm pretty sure we talked about everything, from musical instruments to RPGs to The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea.

The food was better than the stuff we get catered over here on the west coast, which seems unfair to me, because we're geographically closer to farmlands.  I guess I'd say that our food is fresher, but their food is tastier.  Both sides of the country have McDonald's, though, so there's no need to panic on the food front.


There wasn't enough room to dance in the reception hall, because Paul and Lizo have so many friends.  So instead of sharing a first dance, they had a first game together.  Specifically, they played a level on Little Big Planet, made just for the occasion.  Some of the older guests in attendance were confused at how a planet could be both big and little at the same time, but fortunately, we were able to explain it to them.


All in all, it was one of those super-fun nights that you wish could have gone on forever, except you're still jet-lagged, so you have to go home and sleep.

12 comments:

3D###Boy said...

Wow, How cool! Everybody look great especially the groom and the bride. I think the wedding was more awesome than you describe it! I wish to go to a wedding and meet people that are "twelve times cooler in real life".
You know what, if nobody invite me at weddings, then I will auto-invite and go at weddings........ but then I will get the same thing that my friend got when he auto-invited to a wedding, A lot of food in the head, with my pockets filled with trash, and be trowed in the water.

3D###Boy said...

Ok ok, the auto-inviting thing was just a joke so that I can tell you what my friend get when he auto-invited to a wedding. LOL...SOZ:/

Diana said...

Love your table name! Next time I go to a wedding I am so going to dub my table that...even though no one will have any idea what I'm talking about...oh well. Love the picture of you guys! You all look awesome!

S and D Hobbit said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Last year my brother got married and I still rank it as one of the best days of my life thus far! (His army buddies were there and my brother had karaoke which turned out to be a great combination) :) I like your "art designer" look and your playoff beard reminds me of your vlog for no shave november. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow oh wow the weddings i have been to weren't so interesting short simple an to the point an the after party wasn't so grand either.Tho im only saying that because iv only ever been to maybe 4 weddings total in my life an that's only family weddings an in my family well most the people that attend are older couples an not around my age group so i guess that makes a difference glad you had fun!

Airam said...

Wow, that sounds awesome! Glad you had fun!

Airam said...

Wow, that sounds awesome! Glad you had fun!

Airam said...

Whoops! Sorry Guys, looks like it submitted twice. :/

Sammy said...

I love the Bride's Dress. She looks so happy. Personally I don't care how out of tradition a wedding is (I mean in the end, who is to say what is normal?) As long as the couple are happy in the end is all that really matters.

Anonymous said...

Michael, you grew a beard! But, the bride and groom look happy together. :)

Anonymous said...

Michael, you grew a beard! But, the bride and groom look happy together. :)

Anonymous said...

Who's marrying who? And who's who?