Sunday, June 19, 2011

Captive Curse Update

I'm busy playing Nancy Drew: The Captive Curse right now, and I keep getting stuck. Not the "I'm in the middle of a difficult puzzle, and I can't figure out the solution" stuck. More like "I only have a vague idea of what I'm supposed to do now" stuck.
For example, here are some places I got stuck. 
  1. A puzzle requires you to find "the florist's letter", among other things. I spent about twenty minutes, going over every screen in the castle, trying to find this letter.  It turns out the letter was outside.
  2. The entrance to a hidden passageway is inside a certain room.  I think I spent fifteen minutes trying to find it.  It turns out you need to use an item.
  3. I also spent fifteen minutes trying to find the nine stained glass pieces...and it turned out that I had them all along.  Whoops.
  4. Finding the security key took me fifteen minutes, and again, it turned out that I had the right item all along.  It just doesn't look like a key.
And now that I think about it, there's a definite pattern here.  I keep spending fifteen minutes, looking for an item that I already have. I should stop doing that.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished the game yesterday, and I definitely got stuck a lot with the same type of stuff. It got frustrating, but I loved the game anyway. I hope you enjoy playing, Michael!

Rachael said...

Would you say this is the hardest ND game in the series? I really want to order it but I'm taking Spring classes and I don't want to slack on my studies. Sounds like I'd be playing for hours.

Abbey said...

It sounds like it's a really long game, but I'm always up for a challenge!

trevortoppings said...

can't wait to get my copy

Anonymous said...

im surprised i finished this game in 2 days longest game was backmoor an that took me 4 days to finish.I think Her is getting lazy with there plots or something not to mention there wasn't that many puzzles in this game....

sarah said...

Interesting... I'm was watching your walkthrough and I was worried you would never get out of that maze! haha! I've been talking about you on my Nancy Drew blog ndforever-sarah.blogspot.com You should look at it! Follow it if you like it!

~Sarah =D

Hopefully Helpful Helper said...

Hopefully helpful hint:
Hovering over an item in the inventory reveals its name.

...not that you'd randomly start doing this every time you suspected you were stuck. ... ...

...some people do... >.>

Linlaah said...

Yep...there are definitely a lot of random points to get stuck at in this one. :P

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Michael, I am completely stuck too! I cannot do ANYTHING! It is so frustrating, so I understand how you feel.

I must say this is probably the hardest ND game they've made so far.

Anonymous said...

Im playing the game, almost at the end, im trying to get to the tree to snap a picture of monster but the monster is never there, what up